JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fwiw from what I saw the you tube videos are about 3 describing problems/talking about fixes for every 1 that shows it working correctly.
Makes you wonder about those that don't post videos!

The issue with these is that no AR is made equal. Same reason no AK trigger upgrades really exist. Too many variables in AK manufacturing to get a trigger to fit every single one. That is sort of happening here with these. They made it to spec on a certain carrier, which they won't give customers any info on.

Take into consideration how many different carriers, bolts, barrel extensions, and receiver set combinations can exist? One rifles configuration might equate to the carrier being too far forward in relationship to the lower. One carrier might be oversized at the seat trip portion.

The point being, RB didn't take that into consideration when designing this trigger. Meaning anything that doesn't trip the "safety sear" correctly, can damage the "safety seat" spring.

Even if all of the above is to speed and your carrier and rifle combination equates to a perfect 2mm trip of the safety sear, you can squeeze the trigger hard enough to cause the safety sear not to release, which allows the bolt to slam into the safety sear, causing damage to the spring.

Two fairly overlooked design flaws.

Still pretty freaking cool even with those glaringly obvious flaws.

Sunk cost if you can't return it. Better to spend another $75 to fix it (assuming it will be fixed) than to have a trigger that doesn't work.

Personally I will wait for version 2 - assuming they are not banned by then.
V2 sounds like an opportunity for a group buy. Be glad to drive anywhere in the NW to pick mine up.

V2 sounds like an opportunity for a group buy. Be glad to drive anywhere in the NW to pick mine up.

I prefer the Geissele Rapid Fire - although I have not installed it yet, being a conventional trigger it is not binary or forced reset, but reportedly is very fast firing trigger for a much lower cost than the binary triggers - plus no complicated operation procedures, it just works.

I prefer the Geissele Rapid Fire - although I have not installed it yet, being a conventional trigger it is not binary or forced reset, but reportedly is very fast firing trigger for a much lower cost than the binary triggers - plus no complicated operation procedures, it just works.
Fwiw I have jerry michulek's trigger from that video above which comes at 2.5lbs stock (adjustable). Sadly I can't get anywhere near michulek's speed with it, but that's not due to the trigger. Binaries are great and I like mine but I would not trust my life to one personally (unless I trained with it a lot for 2 shot drills, 2 shot is so fast it sounds like on shot).

Fwiw I have jerry michulek's trigger from that video above which comes at 2.5lbs stock (adjustable). Sadly I can't get anywhere near michulek's speed with it, but that's not due to the trigger. Binaries are great and I like mine but I would not trust my life to one personally (unless I trained with it a lot for 2 shot drills, 2 shot is so fast it sounds like on shot).

The GRF has two springs, IIRC a 2# and a 3.5#. Not sure what trigger Jerry uses. There are faster comp triggers than the GRF, but it was on sale at Brownells at one point for something like $150

I have several of the FRT-15 triggers. They work on some stuff. They flat wont work on others. They are very sensitive to carrier stroke . Any carrier bounce at all and they won't run. Theres two aspects that have to work just right. The hammer has to get pushed down the right amount as the bolt carrier retracts . The trigger trip has to unlock just like a DIAS does. The carrier needs to be timed just like youd do with a DIAS . Buffer weight has to be just right.

the rare breed FRT15 trigger is really fun to use. we used an H2 buffer and it worked flawless with 1 lower and a variety of different uppers varying in length. would not work with a carbine or spikes t2 buffer no matter the gas system length.

i would love to own one but i dont wanna pay what people are asking

the rare breed FRT15 trigger is really fun to use. we used an H2 buffer and it worked flawless with 1 lower and a variety of different uppers varying in length. would not work with a carbine or spikes t2 buffer no matter the gas system length.

i would love to own one but i dont wanna pay what people are asking
Rare breed sells them throughout the day on their website for $380. Check and check again 20 minutes later He releases in bursts. Ive bought several. I have no idea why there is a secondary market.

I have NOT been able to get mine to work in any of my centerfire stuff including 9mm and 45 AR's besides my 20" AR and it runs like a champ. I havent tried the 22 yet but I would need to bolt trip for that. CMMG seems to be not putting out much of anything these days.

i got one from their website.

sprinco red buffer spring and h3 buffer works great for my 11.5" 5.56, my 10" 300blk, both 16" rifles and an 18" 6.5 grendel.

LOL :)

Still waiting for someone to do up a heavy barrel 18-24" with one of these. I always wanted to do a bump saw. Maybe a FRT saw!

I bought one (from a retailer no receipt ;) lol) just to take it apart, see how it works do some tweaking and gonna produce my own. I started a firearm accessory site and I am waiting for my 7 approval to manufacture custom and exclusive products. I'm working now in making the frt a select fire and fixing some design issues with the original design I saw while doing the tear down. The body will 7075 and looking at titanium for the trigger hammer and reset. I'm going to trim the body up to lighten it a little. Trying to stay at 250 or less retail.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top