JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Continuing the theme of Cold War era flicks for your viewing enjoyment, the following is the first episode in the program Playhouse 90. This one is a film adaptation of the Pat Frank thriller Forbidden Area. The episode stars Charlton Heston and Vincent Price. It is hosted by western star Jack Palance. Cheers!

Parenthetically, I read the book over the summer and enjoyed said. If you find a copy, it is a fun read.

Charlton Heston spent half his acting career on the stage, the other half on the movie set. If you look hard enough, you can find some little gems like Julius Caesar, The Caine Mutiny, and A Man For All Seasons on DVD, all moderate-budget films shot on stage. He was also the original Mr. Roberts on Broadway, but couldn't schedule the film shooting schedule.

Anyone remember "The Bedford Incident" staring Richard Widmark and Sidney Poitier?

Yup...great plot and a terrific surprise ending.

"Crimson Tide" seemed to be loosely patterned after it, but I find "Bedford" an all together better film, as I usually do when comparing the originals to more modern day Hollywood schlock.

I was going to post a youtube for "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (1951 version) which is a favorite of mine, and is also a cold-war movie (of sorts). But when I search for it in youtube there are just a lot of little clips that link offsite to see the movie. Does anybody know what that is about? Is it some scam?

Maybe i just got used to free old movies, and they ain't free any more.o_O

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top