JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, so Iv'e always put off obtaining my CHL in oregon because of time restraints. Im married and have 3 kids so it kind of makes my time limited to do things I want to do but cant. BUT, for those of you in my situation there's an option!!!
Yesterday I called several Gun dealers looking for CHL classes.
I found ONE Gun dealer that will give the class on a "Walk In Basis"!!!
Force Ten Firearms in Newberg on 1st st. Just call ahead!! They WILL make the time to give you the class. I did it yesterday at 5pm and it took about 1 hour and 45 minutes or so.
They STAYED late for me JUST to give me the class!! This is the Normal for them and they are awesome! Its just a little "po dunk" shop ran by a couple of women who are really very cool and knowledgable. I was done with the class in no time and had my certificate from them when I left.
This morning I went down to the sheriffs office and applied, got my pic taken and fingerprinted. It took about 30 minutes.
The fee for the class was 40 dollars and the fee for the application was 65 at the sheriffs office.. all done in less then 24 hours start to finish!! should be able to carry within 45 days!!! WOOHOO..
Im not going to give Force tTens number you can get it off the internet.. Hope this helps anyone wanting thier CHL but doesnt have the time to commit to do so.. I feel it was a very fast track experience..

Mike:s0155:

Ok, so Iv'e always put off obtaining my CHL in oregon because of time restraints. Im married and have 3 kids so it kind of makes my time limited to do things I want to do but cant. BUT, for those of you in my situation there's an option!!!
Yesterday I called several Gun dealers looking for CHL classes.
I found ONE Gun dealer that will give the class on a "Walk In Basis"!!!
Force Ten Firearms in Newberg on 1st st. Just call ahead!! They WILL make the time to give you the class. I did it yesterday at 5pm and it took about 1 hour and 45 minutes or so.
They STAYED late for me JUST to give me the class!! This is the Normal for them and they are awesome! Its just a little "po dunk" shop ran by a couple of women who are really very cool and knowledgable. I was done with the class in no time and had my certificate from them when I left.
This morning I went down to the sheriffs office and applied, got my pic taken and fingerprinted. It took about 30 minutes.
The fee for the class was 40 dollars and the fee for the application was 65 at the sheriffs office.. all done in less then 24 hours start to finish!! should be able to carry within 45 days!!! WOOHOO..
Im not going to give Force tTens number you can get it off the internet.. Hope this helps anyone wanting thier CHL but doesnt have the time to commit to do so.. I feel it was a very fast track experience..

Mike:s0155:

What sheriffs office did you go to?
I had to make and apt. with the Multnomah county office and it tood several weeks to get in, printed etc...

What sheriffs office did you go to?
I had to make and apt. with the Multnomah county office and it tood several weeks to get in, printed etc...

Yamhill county in mcminnville.. Honest to God, Walked in, filled out a signature card, finger print card, yellow app sheet was back and fingerprinted in less then 10 minutes.:s0155: I called before hand and Talked to Troy which was one of the records officers, dont know if that made a difference but NO ONE else was there..

Last Edited:
People like Force Ten Firearms prove that there are still decent people in the world. Next time I go through Newberg, I'll look them up.

They dont have alot of stuff, but theyre very cool people... Be careful what you ask tho and be prepared for a 20 minute answer.. they make sure that when you ask a question you get, and FULLY understand WTF they just said to you lol:s0114:

FYI- If you are a Veteran, Active Military and can show you had Firearms training in the service, or Have been presented (On DD-214) a ribbon / medal for firearms. you do not have to take the CHL classes.

Read...the other qualifications on the CHL requirements

FYI- If you are a Veteran, Active Military and can show you had Firearms training in the service, or Have been presented (On DD-214) a ribbon / medal for firearms. you do not have to take the CHL classes.

Read...the other qualifications on the CHL requirements

ARE YOU FLIPPIN KIDDING ME!!???!! I guess this means I coulda just took my DD214 down to the sheriffs office and done this??:shootingair:

Yamhill county in mcminnville.. Honest to God, Walked in, filled out a signature card, finger print card, yellow app sheet was back and fingerprinted in less then 10 minutes.

Same goes for Washington County Sheriff at Hillsboro. NFA devices have made me a regular, and it is all due to their friendly and expeditious service. I lost my CHL the other day; I walked in, filled a form, $15 and 10 minutes later, I had a replacement (no pics, no new fingerprints). Does not get any better than that.

yeh, I found out after I took a class...I guess it pays to read the instructions....fine print!

Straight from Washington County Website: 2. How do I satisfy the competency requirement?

Please do not apply until you have met the competency requirement in one of the following ways:

Complete a handgun safety class taught by an NRA certified instructor. Certification or card issued must be presented at the time of your scheduled appointment. Contact local gun dealers for class referrals.
Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety offered for security guards or other law enforcement officers. Certification must be presented at your scheduled appointment.
Obtain a copy of your DD214 if it indicates you are competent with a handgun, sidearm or pistol. If your DD214 does not indicate competency, we will be unable to accept this as proof of your competency, even if used while in the Armed Forces.

Columbia County:
At the time of application, you must be able to demonstrate competence by any of the methods provided by law as follows:

Completion of any NRA firearms safety or training course, if handgun safety was a component of the course.
Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by law enforcement, community college, or private institution, or firearms training school utilizing instructors certified by the NRA; or law enforcement agency if handgun safety was a component of the course.
Completion of any law enforcement firearm safety or training course offered for security guards, reserve law enforcement officers, investigators, or any other law enforcement officers if handgun safety was a component of the course.
Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a handgun through participation in oragnized shooting competition or military service.Is licensed, or has been licensed, to carry a firearm in this srate, unless license has been revoked.
Completion of any firearms training or safety course, or class, conducted by a firearms instructor certified by a law enforcement agency or the NRA, if handgun safety was a component of the course.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top