Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

FNP 45 Tactical review. Silencer suggestions?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by drscoles, Mar 25, 2012.

1. drscoles

drscoles sammamish New Member

I have a kriss vector, and wanted a .45 pistol so I have two in the same caliber when I go to the range. The glock grip was too big. I love HK's, shot the HK45 and the FN back to back last night. The HK feels wonderful in your hands, just like my P30. The FN feels like you're holding a porcupine... Grips aside, the FN seemed to have half the recoil, and drove nails! I left the shop with the FN. I put 100 rounds through it right after I bought it, my buddy and I did some little shooting competitions, we repeatedly hit inside 1" rings at 8 yards. I thought this was outstanding for a gun that neither of us was familiar with. It just shoots well.

I want to shave down the grips so they're not so pointy. Any suggestions on how to do this? I would prefer to not add anything grip wise, its borderline too big for me now. Sanding it is going to abrade it more, I'm thinking shaving with a blade or running torch over it to melt the points. It came with several back plates, I'll figure out which one I don't like and practice with that. I do a lot of fabrication with composites, shouldn't screw it up too bad ;-)

Any suggestions on a silencer? They showed met he Osprey, I just dont like the look of it, prefer a round one. I have the trijicon on my Glock 34, I don't think I'm gonna put one on this gun, it is so accurate with the stock sights!

2. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

I'm still waffling on a .45 can, but everything I read says there are only two best choices: the Osprey and the Ti-Rant. The offset design of the former allows you to use your factory sights, while the latter may be 1-2dB quieter - but is much more expensive.

3. JackFrost

JackFrost Central Oregon Active Member

Gemtech all the way!:thumbup:

4. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Read the silencer blogs. The best performance, wet or dry, is from the Osprey and the Ti-Rant.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.