JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What optics would you guys recommend for me to get for the scar 20? Trying to stay max of 20x but preferably 14 -18 max.

20181118_172707.jpg

Last Edited:
Vortex PST line is a good starting point until you figure out what it is you exactly want. go to one of the big box stores and handle a bunch of them. I have a some USO's (B17, B25), leupolds (real Mk4's), vortex.
I find for the most part vortex is probably 80% as good as my USO's. I prefer USO as I can have it built to my exact requirements.
you will find that much like rifle stocks or handguns there are certain features you will like/want more than others.
as an example this my order for scope selection:

1. glass/lens coatings
2. large adjustment knobs w/ tactile clicks
3. reticle
4. body tube
5. objective lens

Last edited by a moderator:
Vortex PST line is a good starting point until you figure out what it is you exactly want. go to one of the big box stores and handle a bunch of them. I have a some USO's (B17, B25), leupolds (real Mk4's), vortex.
I find for the most part vortex is probably 80% as good as my USO's. I prefer USO as I can have it built to my exact requirements.
you will find that much like rifle stocks or handguns there are certain features you will like/want more than others.
as an example this my order for scope selection:

1. glass/lens coatings
2. large adjustment knobs w/ tactile clicks
3. reticle
4. body tube
5. objective lens
My list of want on an optic for this rifle:
1. Reliability
2. Glass quality
3. Open Tactile Click knobs for both wind and elevation with accurate tracking.
4. Reticle, Front focal and also illumination if possible
5. Variable zoom magnification

Last edited by a moderator:
Another suggestion is get a good scope mount. Bobro and adm both make mounts for the scar platform. I would stay away from cantilever type mount as they can contribute to scope failure on the scar

What's your budget? I've been reading up on scopes for my Tikka T3X CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor over at the snipers hide forum and have been overwhelmed at the options in the <$1000 price range. Athlon Ares ETR, Vortex Viper PST II, Burris XTR II, Sightron SIII, Nikon FX1000 to name a few. A level up in price and quality are the Athlon Cronus BTR, Vortex Razor II or AMG, Bushnell DMR II, and a number of Nightforce scopes. None of them was significantly better than the other in the <$1000 lineup and it all came down to black friday pricing and my prior experience owning a Vortex so I ended up ordering the Vortex which should arrive next week.

Beautiful new rifle you got there btw

What's your budget? I've been reading up on scopes for my Tikka T3X CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor over at the snipers hide forum and have been overwhelmed at the options in the <$1000 price range. Athlon Ares ETR, Vortex Viper PST II, Burris XTR II, Sightron SIII, Nikon FX1000 to name a few. A level up in price and quality are the Athlon Cronus BTR, Vortex Razor II or AMG, Bushnell DMR II, and a number of Nightforce scopes. None of them was significantly better than the other in the <$1000 lineup and it all came down to black friday pricing and my prior experience owning a Vortex so I ended up ordering the Vortex which should arrive next week.

Beautiful new rifle you got there btw
Thanks! I been eyeing the Leupold Mark 4, nightforce, and schmidt bender PM II.

Great get! You will have big fun airing that rifle out. Definitely check out Nikon's newest contribution to long-range shooting. the BLACK FX1000 MOA/MRAD scope. This scope will take you as far as you want to go and not leave you wishing you had spent more $. I bought 2 for 6.5cm's and couldn't be happier. We put a M-223 3-12 BDC 600 on a buddies Scar 16 and had no trouble making hits at 400 yards though I was a little disappointed in the accuracy. Roughly 1.75 MOA. I'm sure since yours is built for long-range shooting it will be much more rewarding to shoot.

M-2233-12RAT1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads