JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had my sister drive me to the airport.
And she waited until I got the all clear.
Just in case I had a problem.
Then she could take the gun back home .
If needed

They take a little piece of paper or cloth like and swab the bag or case and then put it into a computer thing and it detects explosives.
Actually my big luggage bag came back positive and the pistol case was a negative.
So she had to call a supervisor over and he checked out my bag and and gave the OK to proceed.
It's not really a big deal just adds time to your trip .mine was about a extra 20 minutes.
Because the positive results on the swab.
Waiting for a supervisor.

I still don't get it... wouldn't you expect the swab to be positive?

There is no rhyme or reason. One ticket agent wanted all my ammo IN THE MAGAZINES. So, I stood at the ticket counter, and loaded all my mags in front of everyone. Don't mind me folks! Just getting ready for the flight!

Yep it sure does pay to do your homework and look at and make a copy, with highlights on important stuff, of the airlines rules. I can't remember which carrier I flew with that said they would allow magazines to be loaded but taped over the exposed bullet. Roger that I ducked taped every damn one of my loaded magazines.;):s0140:

Nope, if it tests positive you are going to get cuffed & stuffed in a little room and have to splain some stuff.

Look at it this way you have to take a Pee test for work would you want your Pee to test positive?
I didn't think so....o_O
Lol not really my bag tested positive they just had to call a supervisor and do the test again.
The actual gun case tested negative but got a positive on my big luggage bag .
The supervisor came looked at bag did another swab it came back and he said send it and I was on my way.

I just got back from North Carolina and Georgia a couple weeks ago, flew Alaska and not an issue, they didn't even look...
They did manage to put a huge dent in a fiber suitcase though..
.:(

I just got back from North Carolina and Georgia a couple weeks ago, flew Alaska and not an issue, they didn't even look...
They did manage to put a huge dent in a fiber suitcase though..
.:(
I flew Alaska because they have a direct flight from Sea tac to Charleston SC.
And I got free drinks lol and bigger seats with more room.

Once you arrive you go to a TSA baggage claim area were you show ID and they give you the suitcase that is zip tied close with very large zip ties
That is if they can find it, or if it still has your firearm inside.
**Note . Don't ship firearms in a metal case.The, "Smashers", will dent the crap out of the case
and it will never close properly again.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top