Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Florida laws on firearms and mandatory evacuation compared to Washington and Oregon

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by CarlMc, Apr 28, 2014.

1. CarlMc

CarlMc Safely north of Seattle Active Member

I was just reading about an effort in Florida to allow citizens with firearms to possess them under and emergency evacuation order, and how that's being opposed by the Florida Sheriff's Association.
    http://www.nraila.org/legislation/s...-still-attacking-second-amendment-rights.aspx

Does Washington or Oregon have any laws similar to Florida's? I don't recall knowing about anything like it, but I'd rather not find out the hard way.

2. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

We were evacuated from our place during the '96 floods.
    A state cop stopped by as we were loading the trunk of the car. He saw guns there and asked about them.
    I told him they would be safer where we were going than being left in an unattended house.

He agreed with me.

cascadianliberty2012 likes this.
  3. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

My memory fails but I think this was added to SB401 a year or two ago, after the Katrina seizures uproar. But I could be wrong.
    Also, a bit more browsing found me:
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/oregon.pdf

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  4. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

5. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I take it under CURRENT Florida law one can NOT possess firearms during an 'Emergency Activation Order'. That being the case what other rights are taken away by this 'Order'?

6. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

I'd guess quite a few.