JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering who else in the Or ,Wa area that offer the class. I know Gunsmart does but already have my UT,OR amd Wa res.Any help would be appreicated. I searched but didnt find any info, other than Gunsmart.

Thanx in advance

I was wondering who else in the Or ,Wa area that offer the class. I know Gunsmart does but already have my UT,OR amd Wa res.Any help would be appreicated. I searched but didnt find any info, other than Gunsmart.

Thanx in advance

Well, it doesn't help you much, but the UT class at Wholesale sports gave an option to apply for a FL lic as well. Tried to find the details but I couldn't find the instructor's website.

From what I have gathered from Florida's website, for obtaining a Florida CWP, if you took a NRA approved safety course and still have the certificate for it to get your Oregon CHL, it is valid to get your Florida CWP. I checked and double checked the requirements on their site and the one that I took for my Oregon CHL works for the Florida one too. It was the NRA First Steps Pistol Safety Class.

Thinking of getting it, as it covers almost every state since I have my OR and WA ones already.

I am sure you are all aware that you need to review each states laws that you intend to carry into to avoid problems.

You may have a license for that state by reciprocity but where you can carry and how can vary a lot. So if you plan to travel to a unfamiliar state take the time to review their specific carry requirements.

An example: In Oregon you can carry into a bar, but in Florida you cannot. In Oregon you are not required to notify an officer that you are packing in case you are stopped for a traffic violation, but in several other states you are required by law to show the officer your license.

Each state seems to have a different twist on the carry laws.

How about does one go about getting the Florida permit?

I just went through this.......somewhat time consuming. Anyway, you can print the majority of forms online, though you'll need an actual fingerprint card which you might want Florida to mail, start here:

<broken link removed>

they will mail the forms, including a fingerprint card, with a pre-addressed envelope to mail everything back in.

Your local Sheriff can do the fingerprint card. I had mine done in Clark County when I applied for their permit.

Include photocopies of your certificates and make sure the instructor includes their NRA #.

Have a Notary sign off on your application (ID verification).

Include passport photo.

Include a check to FL Dept. Agriculture for $117.50

Wait

Have fun,

RD8

Yes, just a passport size photo. Got mine from Costco for $4.99 for 2. Used one for FL permit and one for a passport:)

Yes. Passport photo just defines characteristics of the photo.

It needs to be 2"X2", include the top of the shoulders and face, and usually requires the person to not wear a hat or sunglasses.

On a side note, I've always liked carrying a passport when I've been travelling even inside the US. My driver's license looks a little different than me and has a few cracks. I want no chance of missing a flight. I also found airport bartenders across the country are usually more familiar with a US passport than an OR driver's license. I don't like having to tell people where vital information is on my identification.

Thanx in advance

The route I took to get my Florida permit was to take the Nevada class {NV stopped accepting UT in July 2009} and use the NV documentation to apply for Florida. But for Nevada you must take the class in Nevada...

I got my Florida carry permit in May. I sent a copy of Or and Wa permits. Copy of Or safety class certificate and copy of Tri-Country Gun Club IPSC certification because requires shooting. I couldn't tell from Florida website if the safety class was enough , so Sent both. Permit arrived about 4 or 5 weeks later. I saw in previous post safety class is enough. I had a shooting class (signed by NRA instructor) .I thought better to send too much than not enough.

It is certainly easy to get a passport. Just visit the downtown post office, pay the money and they will take care of the photo and other stuff. Its easy and nice to have.

Any travel outside of the US will require a passport.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads