JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've tried different RDS with magnifiers, and I didn't like the enlarged dot when magnified or the weight. I now have a Leupold VX•R 1.5-5x33mm Scout FireDot, and it seems to be the best compromise for me. Low magnification and a 1 MOA center dot.
leupoldfiredotduplex.jpg

Vortex strike eagle
Burris AR-332
I am happy with both for the money.
Burris is offering the fastfire 3 on mail-in rebate if you buy the 332 or 536 starting friday through the end of the year.

Primary Arms 1x6 w/ACS reticle:

Cliff notes version: It's a Vortex Strike Eagle with slightly different cosmetics and the outstanding illuminated ACS reticle for less money.

PAPS1-6X_4.jpg
Reticle explained:
PAPS1-6X_5.jpg

I like the low power 1-4 scopes w illuminated dot. I had to use my glasses for a dot to be clear. With a scope I can adjust the eyepiece and no longer need to use my glasses. Crystal clear dot. I tested the water w Bushnell AR 1-4 w illuminated retical. Besides the weight and some edge blurr I like it. But no need for glasses.

Yes they will both magnify, but for instance a 2moa dot will be 6" at 100 yards, a smaller varmint will still be largely covered by the dot, especially on partial exposed targets.

Hate to necropost but in case someone else comes across this thread... Everything in front of the magnifier gets equally enlarged. To use your scenario, a 6 MOA critter has an un-magnified 2 MOA dot on him; approximately 1/3 of the target; flip the 3x-mag over and now the dot APPEARS 6 MOA but also the critter appears 18 MOA. The ratio does not change. The dot will take up approximately 1/3 of the target still.

1-6x scopes make flip to side kinda silly. at 1x on a FFP scope it's like a red dot scope with exceptional eye relief.

When zoomed eye relief changes but then you get that distance shot without a blurred dot and on many of them get bullet drop and quick ranging right on the scope.

Worst case if you really feel the scope just isn't fast enough: put canted iron sights on there, or a canted red dot reflex sight on there.

it should satisfy it fine since you have an etched reticle after the battery dies .....dot/mag combo not so much

Yeah I just keep dreaming about that do-all optic. I was hoping Aimpoint might start dipping their toe in the LPVO water this Shot Show but haven't seen anything yet.

As others have already said, the flip magnifier adds weight up high, where it's more unwieldy. You will feel that weight in the offhand shooting position. But I guess it all depends how you want to use the rifle.

I've been thinking about a Nikon Black Force 1000 1-4x24mm Illuminated scope however as has been mentioned i just don't think the battery life is there yet.
I'm really leaning towards a Nikon fixed 3x carbine scope with a Burris FF3 on a 45 degree mount and waiting for the illuminated scopes to catch up with red dots in battery life. Is there a sub $500. option I'm missing?

I've been thinking about a Nikon Black Force 1000 1-4x24mm Illuminated scope however as has been mentioned i just don't think the battery life is there yet.
I'm really leaning towards a Nikon fixed 3x carbine scope with a Burris FF3 on a 45 degree mount and waiting for the illuminated scopes to catch up with red dots in battery life. Is there a sub $500. option I'm missing?
Scout Riflescope 2-7x32mm | Burris Optics

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads