Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Flashlight for shotgun home-defense

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by deadmeat08, Nov 12, 2010.

1. deadmeat08

deadmeat08 SE PDX Member

hey everyone,
    i'm looking for an inexpensive flashlight to mount on my HD shotgun. Any suggestions?
    003011.jpg

2. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

I just bought a Fenix TK11. They are 320 lumens, rechargeable, and under $50 for a whole set. You can't beat that. Then you can buy a clamp and an activator switch to attach to your foregrip. At a fraction of the more expensive brands!

3. deadmeat08

deadmeat08 SE PDX Member

where'd you find the good prices and accessories? i can't seem to find those for less than $75...

4. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

5. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

I remember now. I went back to eBay where I bought them. The reason the Fenix's are more expensive than the price I quoted was that I bought a Solarforce L2 from itc_shop. They are made in Hong Kong (and shipped to my door within a few days...amazing).

I did a Google search and found a review of the Solarforce rating it somewhat higher than even the Surefire.

I'm happy with it. It is just a flashlight and I didn't feel like spending 100's on a Surefire.

6. The Cheese

The Cheese somewhere special Member

talk to scott at Fort Moe Arms. He deals in Fenix lights and he can hook you up. Plus he is just out in milwaukie. Super good guy.

7. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

8. Schwabdl

Schwabdl Hillsboro Active Member

+1 on the fenix tk11 from fortmoe the light output is almost double of the g2 at the pr night match last december the tk11 were amazing compared to the surefires

9. deadmeat08

deadmeat08 SE PDX Member

awesome, thanks everyone!
    GlockGuy - how do you like the vertical foregrip? is it worth it?

10. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

i liked it... it worked good for me...

11. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Used to have a surefire, but its not in your inexpensive realm, but a very sturdy piece
    IMAG0009.jpg

but times changed and I wanted a VFG as part of my forend and this is what I came up with
    1289719218.jpg
    1289719217.jpg
    I have a Fenix Tk11 on there, haven't really done much with it or shot it since I've gotten it coated early this year. But hopefully it holds up, feels pretty solid on the mako aluminum tri-rail forend.

12. ARod206

ARod206 Seattle area New Member

Found this. Not sure if its in your price range but its definitely a price break and I'm sure you can negotiate a better price too.

SUREFIRE 618FGA

13. numbnutz

numbnutz molalla Active Member

Hey look up skydiver he's a member here, he had some fair priced lights that were really bright. I believe he has an ad in the classifieds.

14. RockKrawler

RockKrawler Gresham Member

Skydiver and i did a side by side comparison of the TK11 and his light,will say i was surprised at how close they are.
    The TK11 is a whiter light,while the one Skydiver has is more of a bluish,but the focus and range appears to be similar.
    For the price,Skydivers is a smoking deal especially when you add up the charger and batteries compared to the TK11.
    That said,i like my TK11 and it has served me well.
    RK

15. stitchclimber

stitchclimber St. Louis Active Member

I now own this surefire and I love it.

IMAG0009.jpg

1289719218.jpg

1289719217.jpg

16. spider

Gangster music^^^^^^

17. stitchclimber

stitchclimber St. Louis Active Member

Whatev. What side saddle are you running on that?

18. spider

It's the 6 round mesa tactical one, its beautiful, spring loaded shell holders, I used to have a mossberg 500a with those BS plastic shot holders from ATI, they break under stress, since the rounds squeeze out the plastic holders each time you use them, I might be selling mine to get the vang comp version, which is the exact same system as the mesa BUT the shell holder mounts onto the receiver, so when your empty, on the saddle, just swap out the empty plate for a full shell holder plate and your ready to go, instead of sitting there and reloading each round back into the saddle.