JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Doing our part to expedite Flash's demise, we've replaced the Flash-based uploader with an HTML5 uploader. This will allow those who have (wisely) disabled Flash to still enjoy multi-file uploading. If any part of our website loads Flash or asks you to load/activate Flash, please let us know.

Those who haven't disabled Flash should consider doing so. Instructions and more information can be found here: http://www.occupyflash.org

First off, a bunch of what I see on the link is total gibberish to me.

It says, with a frowney face, that I have "Flash". Is that referring to Adobe Flash Player? I don't seem to have problems with it? What will happen if I remove it like it suggests, what takes it's place? If something goes haywire on the PC I'm screwed and need to take a C-note with the computer to "The Man" so he can fix it.

First off, a bunch of what I see on the link is total gibberish to me.

It says, with a frowney face, that I have "Flash". Is that referring to Adobe Flash Player? I don't seem to have problems with it? What will happen if I remove it like it suggests, what takes it's place? If something goes haywire on the PC I'm screwed and need to take a C-note with the computer to "The Man" so he can fix it.

It's pretty easy to shut down Flash on Chrome. I actually am having fewer problems since shutting down flash both at home and at work. Flash had been crashing on me and causing other issues, now things are running more smoothly. You don't have to remove it, just disable it, you can re-enable it at any time if needed.

If you're not familiar with the process, open a new window in Chrome and type this in the address bar: chrome://plugins and hit enter. It will take you to the Plugins page. Simply look for Adobe Flash Player in the list and click on "disable". That's it. If it causes you problems, you can simply hit "enable" later. No need to pay someone, unless you want to give me that money ;)

Well, Mr. computer whiz....I'd bring it to you if it messed up if you know what your doing. Will you take $90.00 for the job?

What takes the place of Flash?

Well, Mr. computer whiz....I'd bring it to you if it messed up if you know what your doing. Will you take $90.00 for the job?

What takes the place of Flash?

Well, if you're going to start asking these technical questions, I'll have to double my fee :D

But, no computer whiz here, I know just enough to follow directions when people tell me to do something. As for Flash, it's being replaced by HTML5, since apparently many sites/developers have effectively abandoned Flash at this point. I have yet to encounter a site where I was told I needed Flash. A few years back, you probably would have gotten that warning - maybe on sites like YouTube. But today, it appears to be no problem.

If someone else here can go into more detail, go ahead. I'm at the end of my internets knowledge :p

I just asked about this the other day and everyone said just uninstall it.
I did and haven't' had any problems either. Like entrain16 said,used to be you would get the notice but apparently nobody cares anymore
It's pretty easy to shut down Flash on Chrome. I actually am having fewer problems since shutting down flash both at home and at work. Flash had been crashing on me and causing other issues, now things are running more smoothly. You don't have to remove it, just disable it, you can re-enable it at any time if needed.

If you're not familiar with the process, open a new window in Chrome and type this in the address bar: chrome://plugins and hit enter. It will take you to the Plugins page. Simply look for Adobe Flash Player in the list and click on "disable". That's it. If it causes you problems, you can simply hit "enable" later. No need to pay someone, unless you want to give me that money ;)
No computer wiz either but this is what they told me in my thread
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/help-crash-report.213453/

As I read this I am just cringing at the fact that I am in a class learning Flash that is part of my web design certificate. When the news became official that Flash was going to be deprecated the school did not have time to revise the program and I am not ready for any of the more advanced classes.

I did seek advise on a graphic design forum ( much like this but not as awesome you would think a board for graphic and web designers would be totally awesome but its kind of vanilla ) that has a forum for web design whether I should jump ahead to dreamweaver and skip the flash class as they will probably do away with it and put something in its place but not much love there for either of these programs there but after reading what I had read I think Dreamweaver is above my level as I still need to learn Javascript which is kicking my butt.

Being a designer with 20 years of using adobe photoshop and illustrator I am finding Flash to be fun to create in but time consuming My worries is learning something that will be useless. I was told some of it will translate over to other programs hopefully it will.

I thought it to be fun as mess with Joey a little and post my last 2 flash assignments here but I wont as they would probably not work and you would all get that install flash message

As I read this I am just cringing at the fact that I am in a class learning Flash that is part of my web design certificate. When the news became official that Flash was going to be deprecated the school did not have time to revise the program and I am not ready for any of the more advanced classes.

I did seek advise on a graphic design forum ( much like this but not as awesome you would think a board for graphic and web designers would be totally awesome but its kind of vanilla ) that has a forum for web design whether I should jump ahead to dreamweaver and skip the flash class as they will probably do away with it and put something in its place but not much love there for either of these programs there but after reading what I had read I think Dreamweaver is above my level as I still need to learn Javascript which is kicking my butt.

Being a designer with 20 years of using adobe photoshop and illustrator I am finding Flash to be fun to create in but time consuming My worries is learning something that will be useless. I was told some of it will translate over to other programs hopefully it will.

I thought it to be fun as mess with Joey a little and post my last 2 flash assignments here but I wont as they would probably not work and you would all get that install flash message

HTML5 my friend!

www.codeacademy.com

Thanks for the link Joey! that may prove to be quite helpful

just finished learning wordpress now working on drupal some point today and I am dreading it I got to start my Javascript assignment

Thanks for the link Joey! that may prove to be quite helpful

just finished learning wordpress now working on drupal some point today and I am dreading it I got to start my Javascript assignment

Code Academy is incredible, and much faster than any book I've tried to learn from (though not nearly as in-depth).

My suggestion would be to focus on the most popular technologies (IE WordPress over Drupal and Joomla). They'll probably try to teach you a wide variety, but you'll likely only use a handful. Notepad++ will take you twice as far as Dreamweaver, and there isn't anything in this field you can't learn by yourself on the internet ;)

I take it you're going for front-end vs back-end?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top