JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Respectfully, a real question and not a troll: what do you feel is the difference between racism and prejudice?

Aking because I always equated them, but if that is wrong I want to learn why.

Thank you.
A good example might be the difference between having arachnophobia but not hating and/or being hellbent on the complete eradication of any and all spiders.

what's wrong with a little innocent racial profiling anyway;)
... i'm being sarcastic of course....
I've heard it said by many a xenophob that there is a difference between a "n" word and an african american... or a "s" word and a Mexican American etc., etc.... being that if they act offensively ...they earn the derogatory labels. Not by any means saying it's right to think that way... but it seems to be the rationalization.

IMG_1509.JPG IMG_1679.JPG

I can remember (barely) that when i was in my 20s that i was opinionated and the world was seen in black or white, but not a lot of gray. You can be right and way right, or you can be wrong and way wrong. Only with time and experience do you begin to understand that others can have opinions too. Even when they don't agree with your own.
I doubt these guys understand what the flags meant or referenced other than just being cool. There are some nasty people in the world but I don't think the guys are that.

Back in high school, I drove a pickup with a confederate flag license plate in the front. One day before football practice, headed into watch films from the previous game. We had a black assistant head coach. I get out of my pickup and he stands there and stares at the thing. Then he makes some comment that he thought was provocative, but was really a meaningless. Told me to get rid of it. I didn't. He was all,butt hurt and stuff. Fast forward 8-10 years after that, and guess who gets busted for sexually assulting a teenage girl.? Yea him. And his kid gets tossed off tge U of O football team for similar crap.

Back in high school, I drove a pickup with a confederate flag license plate in the front. One day before football practice, headed into watch films from the previous game. We had a black assistant head coach. I get out of my pickup and he stands there and stares at the thing. Then he makes some comment that he thought was provocative, but was really a meaningless. Told me to get rid of it. I didn't. He was all,butt hurt and stuff. Fast forward 8-10 years after that, and guess who gets busted for sexually assulting a teenage girl.? Yea him. And his kid gets tossed off tge U of O football team for similar crap.
And Jerry Sandusky was white. So hate the crime not the skin color.

And Jerry Sandusky was white. So hate the crime not the skin color.
That's not the point Nancy. The point is, he sits there I thinks I'm racist. He judged me. He didn't know crap about me. Yet he is the one who is handcuffed for assaults not a young girl. Color never entered into my mind. But judgement also self ritious did.

That's not the point Nancy. The point is, he sits there I thinks I'm racist. He judged me. He didn't know crap about me. Yet he is the one who is handcuffed for assaults not a young girl. Color never entered into my mind. But judgement also self ritious did.
I understand. Wasn't calling you out. Didn't understand you point.

I'd have the confederate flag simply because the south is where I feel at home.

Oh no they're all so racist in the south. That's totally why I saw much more racism up in them yankee states. :rolleyes:

Per cheek? Or per dimple? Actually I don't wanna know.
We should probably have the moderator toss out that first picture on the grounds that it is tasteless, gross, eye-burning and just not right. And lets see if can he make us all large sized copies of the second one for our shop walls!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top