JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, here in Medford, I have seen at least two locals flying both a United States flag and a Confederate battle flag out the back of their trucks.

Now don't get me wrong. I swore an oath, so I support their rights even if it conflicts with my own ideals...

but is this not an ignorant contradiction of expressed ideals; or am I ignorant of some other message that they are trying to express?

They are both youngsters (early twenties I'd say), which is disturbing. One of them has, since i first saw him several weeks ago, removed his United States flag, opting instead to keep his Confederate flag. Hmmm...

Any opinions here on the psyche and mentality of these individuals?

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe theyre from the south? a lot of southerners (atleast ones that i know) fly the confederate flag just because they are from the south and are proud to be from the south.

There is no conflict really. Only one of the countries is ... well... a country.

I wouldn't choose to make that statement but it's no different than flying a Gadsden Flag or a flag of the Holy Roman Empire or a roman eagle. They all represent "something" but not opposition to the USA because non of them exist any more.

Was the Confederate flag in question a 1st , 2nd or 3rd National , Bonnie Blue ... or just a run of the mill copy of the Battle flag?

More importantly does it really matter if they were flying the American flag and a different flag together?...Even if the two nations were at war at one time?
How does their actions ( And I do agree with you that it does seem oddly contradictory ) affect you?

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk ... Just saying why make a big deal out of something that seems foolish to you?...
Andy

Was the Confederate flag in question a 1st , 2nd or 3rd National , Bonnie Blue ... or just a run of the mill copy of the Battle flag?

More importantly does it really matter if they were flying the American flag and a different flag together?...Even if the two nations were at war at one time?
How does their actions ( And I do agree with you that it does seem oddly contradictory ) affect you?

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk ... Just saying why make a big deal out of something that seems foolish to you?...
Andy
I've seen the Japanese flag all over washington when their PM is in town. British flags too and we fought another war with them. Also the Spanish and Mexican flags.

As for the Bonnie blue flag. No one would recognize it so it must not be racist.

Considering their ages, it's probably for the reaction (like mooning).
They could have used a rainbow flag, but it's Medford and nobody would notice (Not that there's anything wrong with that.).....except their drinking buddies may have, and they'd never hear the end of it.

To me, part of the message of a Confederate flag is support of state's rights and objections to an over-reaching central government. In that vein it is perfectly acceptable to fly it in support of the American Flag.

maybe theyre from the south? a lot of southerners (atleast ones that i know) fly the confederate flag just because they are from the south and are proud to be from the south.

If it were me it would be this^^

The people I know that fly that flag in the south are hardly racists.

If you aren't from the south then you wouldn't get it.

It is very similar too the island sticker or flowers people put on their car to signify their origin or I guess the rainbow flag to announce which way you swing.

2nd I would fly it too piss off people that assume it's a racists statement.:D:p

Didn't this whole thing blow up because one black man decided his co-workers hat was racist???
EDIT: I used the words "black man" to describe a person, not as a slur or to insinuate anything else.

It all a bunch of BS if you ask me.

I still see Bernie and Hillary stickers on cars every day. Do I think it's ignorant? Yes. Does it worry me enough to mention it? Nope.

So, here in Medford, I have seen at least two locals flying both a United States flag and a Confederate battle flag out the back of their trucks.

Don't assume too much.

I've been in the South on extended stays and I'd have to say that Southern pride is reflected in the use of that flag. Now many Southerners feel that Southern pride is being stomped on and are giving the finger in return.

Unfortunately racial tension nowadays is at an all-time high. IMO it isn't real healthy for either side to be so sensitive and resentful.

Have them fly the Van Dorn battle flag. That will really confuse the liberals and the Muslims alike.

upload_2017-7-11_16-0-35.png

Have them fly the Van Dorn battle flag. That will really confuse the liberals and the Muslims alike.

View attachment 376063

And have another furled flag that when the bubblegumers express their approval, unfurl the other one that says you bunch of dumb bubblegummerts this is also a Confederate battle flag. Actually the use of a red flag with a crescent moon dates back to the Revolutionary War period in the South. I realize that all this is not politically correct but I have had it up the wazoo with politically correct. What ever happened to "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me"?

It depends on their ideals behind it I guess.

People from the south fly it as a sign of southern pride.
Then again for some it's a symbol of racism.

There was a college kid that got in trouble in the south for having a confederate flag hanging in the window of his dorm room. The school said it was racist and a symbol of hate.

Only thing was he was black. He fought it , stating he was flying it as a sign of southern pride.

I remember when I was a kid visiting the civil war memorials and battle fields. I came away with some souvenirs.
Got a confederate flag and had it up in my room. You could see it clearly from the street and I always had my window open.
One day a couple guys were walking by to go to the park down the street abnd saw it, they yelled up to me with a hail hilter salute, "white power, right on"

As soon as they passed I ripped it down and threw it away.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top