JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As I said before, I support, 100%, peoples right to express their sociological, religious, political etc.etc. (ignorance) in whatever way they choose so long as it does not endanger public safety. I certainly would not endeavor to have these individuals censored by any means.

I've never been much of a flag waver of any kind because I've found the meanings and perceptions of such symbols to be way too subjective in this high tech information age in which we live.

People, in general tend to fly all kinds of "flags" in different forms, whether they be bumper stickers, or the cloths they wear, their hair styles, body language, speech, etc. I posted this only because I've always been fascinated (and mostly horrified) with human behavior, and I'm merely attempting to gain better understanding of people's reasoning and thought processes.

Someone here asked how it affected me, and my answer is that other than giving me a little chuckle, it does not. Strangely, though, there are individuals who have stated that they make a conscious effort, through the use of symbols or flags, to offend people who hold certain ideology. Personally, I believe that being offended is a personal choice.

Though I confess, there is a dark side in me that derives certain pleasure in baiting such thin skinned psyches into believing that it is I who has offended them. But I'm working on restraining this compulsion; not for the sake of political correctness, which I, myself, loathe, but rather for the sake of keeping my own personal higher ground.

And I further confess (as the moderator already knows by the editing he's made) that I do it (consciously seek to offend) now and again as well. And to the moderator, I say thank you for what I'll call, not censorship, but rather keeping the peace and helping me to keep the higher ground.

Someone eluded to what purpose is served by bringing it up. To that I answer that I for one, choose not to allow such trivial things to "offend" me. In fact I rather prefer it when folks are completely transparent and vividly expound upon their ideals. This is why I asked. Because it takes the guess work out of whose who and whose what around here. As I said before, mere symbols are highly subjective. I'd like to think that I'm simply not so "symbol minded". I don't need them. If someone wants to know, they have but come up and ask. And so I did.

Turns out, one of the kids is a very well mannered individual who admits to being extremely ethnically prejudice (but not racist). I can admire such honesty, as I myself am very similar. It was actually a pleasant surprise to meet someone who actually knew the difference between prejudice and racism.

We didn't chat so long as to get into whether his or my personal prejudices would supersede Constitutional rights if either of us had it our way (now there... is the real "hot seat" question), but maybe for another occasion.

It's on the General Lee in Duke's of Hazzards so it has to be ok.

Daisy Duke's were named from the same show and you don't see people getting all offended when some ladies wear them....:rolleyes:.

Mic drop:p

If it were me it would be this^^

The people I know that fly that flag in the south are hardly racists.

If you aren't from the south then you wouldn't get it.

It is very similar too the island sticker or flowers people put on their car to signify their origin or I guess the rainbow flag to announce which way you swing.

2nd I would fly it too piss off people that assume it's a racists statement.:D:p
i am hawaiian(though by looking at me youd think i was white.) i will soon have a hawaiian flag under my american flag. soon to be a gadsden flag too.

I remember when I was a kid visiting the civil war memorials and battle fields. I came away with some souvenirs.
Got a confederate flag and had it up in my room. You could see it clearly from the street and I always had my window open.
One day a couple guys were walking by to go to the park down the street abnd saw it, they yelled up to me with a hail hilter salute, "white power, right on"

As soon as they passed I ripped it down and threw it away.
they are idiots.

I used to fly my Confederate 1st National and was offended the most folks did not know what flag it was.
Just kidding ... Kinda.
I did like that I could fly a flag that my ancestors fought under and not be accused of being a racist.
But at the same time the Historian in me was bothered by the fact a whole series of National flags are overlooked and forgotten.
Andy

Turns out, one of the kids is a very well mannered individual who admits to being extremely ethnically prejudice (but not racist). I can admire such honesty, as I myself am very similar. It was actually a pleasant surprise to meet someone who actually knew the difference between prejudice and racism.

Respectfully, a real question and not a troll: what do you feel is the difference between racism and prejudice?

Aking because I always equated them, but if that is wrong I want to learn why.

Thank you.

Prejudice is a preconceived notion without any real experience
Racism is the thought / belief that one race is superior over another
But then my last name is not Webster...:D
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show