JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just whatever you do, remember.....If you do go looking for that perfect little brook trout lake up in the high Cascades, for hell's sake remember to take insect repellent! I recall a time many years ago, wait, TWO times........One was a summer trip to Olallie Lake camp groung. Cooking on the Coleman Stove and seeing the mosquitoes between me and the food. And the other time was getting out of the car for a 1/4 mile hike to some lake and the deer flies were on us in the first 10 yards. We jumped back in the car and came back to the city, where it was safe!

Mike

How about Clear Lake? It used to have some nice Brookies. And I've been up there right after the planting truck went in, and they go in even if they've got to chug through some snow. Couple of years ago we barely made it in our CR-v and the planting truck was down there already!

Try looking at Kinnikinnic (Laurance Lake Reservoir) near Parkdale.

No motors or live bait allowed, but that just makes for a more peaceful and challenging fishing.

How about Clear Lake? It used to have some nice Brookies. And I've been up there right after the planting truck went in, and they go in even if they've got to chug through some snow. Couple of years ago we barely made it in our CR-v and the planting truck was down there already!
I should have checked clear lake but the section I usually fish I need a larger vehicle. I was only driving my gas saver that say. But I'm not sure if clear lakes roads are clear or not. Frog Lake roads still had snow on it so yeah clear lake may have some as well.

Also I haven't seen Brooks in clear lake for years. I do know they stock a lot of kokanees in there now.

That's a shame....Been years since we camped or went up for the day with a boat to fish. Never kept/wanted anything but the brookies. Very good eating and beautiful fish. The only way I could eat those pellet heads was, you know when you're camping, everything tastes better? Well, eating those planter rainbow was only good while we were camping, IF we had to!

Any size to the Kokanee? If they work as well in Clear as they did in Timothy, well, Woop-De-Do.

I guess Oregon is getting what it wants "No non-native species". The small creek flowing out of the lake used to be loaded with small brookies, with no limit to size and number. I've eaten a few of those little ones in the past. They still had red, tasty meat.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top