JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's a shame....Been years since we camped or went up for the day with a boat to fish. Never kept/wanted anything but the brookies. Very good eating and beautiful fish. The only way I could eat those pellet heads was, you know when you're camping, everything tastes better? Well, eating those planter rainbow was only good while we were camping, IF we had to!

Any size to the Kokanee? If they work as well in Clear as they did in Timothy, well, Woop-De-Do.

I guess Oregon is getting what it wants "No non-native species". The small creek flowing out of the lake used to be loaded with small brookies, with no limit to size and number. I've eaten a few of those little ones in the past. They still had red, tasty meat.

Yeah, I used to make a yearly camping trip at Clear Lake, but I haven't had time to camp lately. I still go up there about a dozen times a year though. Last year I was talking with a Ranger and they were talking about gating off the access road to Clear Lake because too many campers are leaving messes(still open to those who want to hike in though). It's a shame. I wouldn't blame them one bit. I hate anyone who leaves messes at our lakes.

As for the size of Kokanee, they are stocker size, small 6-7 inchers. They've only recently started stocking them about 2 years ago. I don't know how fast they grow but I haven't caught anything bigger than 7 inch kokanee there.

I remember when Clear Lake average trout size were 18-20". Those were the good days when not a lot of people knew about that lake and the fish grew big.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top