JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have to drop off my car on Friday morning and I was looking at Google maps and saw this water. Anyone ever try to throw anything here with any success?
Tualatin Sherwood Rd and SW 97th Ave

IMG_5949.png

You do realize your talking about city wetland runoff ponds? Adjacent to industrial businesses including a recycling center and galvanizing plant? If you can even find legal access to the bank, do you plan to eat and fish you might catch?

You do realize your talking about city wetland runoff ponds? Adjacent to industrial businesses including a recycling center and galvanizing plant? If you can even find legal access to the bank, do you plan to eat and fish you might catch?
When you put it that way.... Has anybody ever accused you of being a buzz kill?

Um, no, didn't realize they were city wetland runoff ponds. Never said anything about eating anything... Good lord, who pissed in your coffee this morning... Sorry for asking a question on this forum...

Um, no, didn't realize they were city wetland runoff ponds. Never said anything about eating anything... Good lord, who pissed in your coffee this morning... Sorry for asking a question on this forum...
Dang, we are sensitive on this forum. All I did was give information. Sorry to upset you.

There is a tiny old industrial pond at the very end of marine drive in Sandy that has trout, turtles and salamanders by the score. less than a foot ball field in size, not visible from the road, it is a great place for kids to actually catch fish and salamanders almost with a bare hook. No, I definitely wouldn't eat anything from there but the fun kids have, or anyone for that matter, to actually catch is guaranteed. For catch and release, whether required or not, is no big deal, since to me, hatchery fish are tasteless and overly mushy. Now a native cold water German brown is a hard one to willingly release and better on the plate than salmon in my opine..
Also there is a old gravel pit pond in the Gresham maybe Sandy area by accessed from Reynolds school that's always planted a friend caught a 30 incher (an old breeder) But he goes there often and I, as yet, have only had a few bites :(

Many years ago, I had a 8 month long project in that area. I lived in an apartment downstream from there on the other side of I-5. Didn't do any fishing, but I've never seen so many nutria in my life.

There is a tiny old industrial pond at the very end of marine drive in Sandy that has trout, turtles and salamanders by the score. less than a foot ball field in size, not visible from the road, it is a great place for kids to actually catch fish and salamanders almost with a bare hook. No, I definitely wouldn't eat anything from there but the fun kids have, or anyone for that matter, to actually catch is guaranteed. For catch and release, whether required or not, is no big deal, since to me, hatchery fish are tasteless and overly mushy. Now a native cold water German brown is a hard one to willingly release and better on the plate than salmon in my opine..
Also there is a old gravel pit pond in the Gresham maybe Sandy area by accessed from Reynolds school that's always planted a friend caught a 30 incher (an old breeder) But he goes there often and I, as yet, have only had a few bites :(
I'm going to guess that those places are no longer available to the public. So many of the places that people could get to water have been closed off because of people's poor behavior. I used to walk into the Sandy river after parking at the gate on the dike at the Reynold's Aluminum Plant. I knew the lakes you refer to. NOW, the only access there is on Sundial Rd where it climbs the dike. Not much parking. But if you're in good shape I believe there is still access to the lake "Company Lake" and the mouth of the Sandy river.
I think Fairview Lake used to be quite open, and was even planted with some trout. But houses have ruined that as far as I know. Salish Ponds used to be fairly open, but pretty much fenced off and controlled now it looks like.

I'm going to guess that those places are no longer available to the public. So many of the places that people could get to water have been closed off because of people's poor behavior. I used to walk into the Sandy river after parking at the gate on the dike at the Reynold's Aluminum Plant. I knew the lakes you refer to. NOW, the only access there is on Sundial Rd where it climbs the dike. Not much parking. But if you're in good shape I believe there is still access to the lake "Company Lake" and the mouth of the Sandy river.
I think Fairview Lake used to be quite open, and was even planted with some trout. But houses have ruined that as far as I know. Salish Ponds used to be fairly open, but pretty much fenced off and controlled now it looks like.
I believe they are still open!
I had forgotten the names, but company lake, the end of Marine dr. quite recently (last fall) was still open and available, yah, not much parking so if several cars are there, then move on, but if I can get down there with a cane, most can too though I no longer get to the other side but then it is shallower over there,
But Salish ponds too, last November I was there, I've always parked on the School property, closest to the only viable or worthwhile of the fishing ponds ( west one with a trail leading east west from the school) many times without any grief from anyone or seeing posted signs saying otherwise, Thats where My friend who lives there recommended to park, albeit they did shut down street parking and access from Glisan for some unfriendly reasons. Though I always felt my vehicle safer on the school property than on the old access from Glisan. Maybe just an illusion, But then, I only went on week ends too.

I believe they are still open!
I had forgotten the names, but company lake, the end of Marine dr. quite recently (last fall) was still open and available, yah, not much parking so if several cars are there, then move on, but if I can get down there with a cane, most can too though I no longer get to the other side but then it is shallower over there,
But Salish ponds too, last November I was there, I've always parked on the School property, closest to the only viable or worthwhile of the fishing ponds ( west one with a trail leading east west from the school) many times without any grief from anyone or seeing posted signs saying otherwise, Thats where My friend who lives there recommended to park, albeit they did shut down street parking and access from Glisan for some unfriendly reasons. Though I always felt my vehicle safer on the school property than on the old access from Glisan. Maybe just an illusion, But then, I only went on week ends too.
Oh man, I'm glad to read you still get out there and drown a worm, or what ever, from time to time. I've given up fishing, and just try not to think too much about what a huge part of my life it had been since I was fishing for nothing in an irrigation ditch in front of our house in Midvale Utah where I grew up.
I've fished some incredible waters in my life. Quite a few places that are now designated "Blue Ribbon" waters. Utah, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top