JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@J8ckb11 Some gun stores are open but by appointment only and let in a single customer at a time. Give them a call or look them on on their FB or web page for details.

Also, in case it wasn't clear in the replies above and since you are new to firearms, a pistol MUST be transferred by an FFL in the state in which you live (unless that state still allows F2F sales w/o a BGC). Washington State requires a BGC through an FFL for all transfers with the exception of close family members.

Be VERY careful to follow the law or you may face fines, jail time, and lose your right to purchase and own firearms. Also, be wary of sting operations. It doesn't matter that you aren't the criminal they are trying to trap and don't care that you were simply ignorant of the law. FFL transfer and ONLY an FFL transfer.

Next, this being your first purchase you need instruction in three things. Apologies if I'm making assumptions about your knowledge:
  • basic firearm safety, the four fundamental rules
  • cleaning and maintenance to keep your firearm in serviceable/safe condition
  • operational use of your specific firearm. Not understanding, for example, how to check to see if your particular firearm is loaded or clear can lead to tragedy
Here are a couple of useful YT's:

Last Edited:
So--sort of odd question, but this is you first gun. Are you looking for a Glock model 22 in 40 S&W, or a
Glock in 22 caliber (which is the model 44)?

Fuggit. Follow the warnings of Kamela Harris and other, ignorant pols and use the gun show loophole. The law is very clear, Inslee is keeping you safe.
Live long and prosper.

View attachment 692789
What are you doing here?
Spock_eyebrow.png

Last Edited:
Well im looking into a Glock 22. Most of the online stores ive been to either dont carry it or are out of stock.
G22 ?
If you want a G22 (not 22LR) then there are a lot of those in the Police Trade-in market for quite a savings from retail pricing.
If you want a 22LR (G44), then I'm not going to help you because I think it's crappy gun.

:D

I just purchased a new M&P Shield 9mm from Northwest Armory. You go to their online website pick out what you want. Purchase it online then go to their store and do all of your paper work.

@J8ckb11 your in good hands with the guys on the board here. Lots of WA folks to help you navigate how to buy your first gun.

The rest of us can help you with constructive feedback on make and caliber.

Make sure you get a gun that you can also get ammunition for. Include in the ammo plan, rounds for using to learn how too safely use the new tool you just purchased.

AIM Surplus has LEO trade-ins for a song. Info here. When you buy you choose the FFL of choice in your local area. (Though even if still listed with AIM, I would call first to make sure they are open for transfer..)
That place does look like a great place to get one. OP if used like that will work for you get a local FFL to do the transfer for you and you are good to go. Well as soon as you get the OK from your CLEO. Sadly it can be a while but sooner you get started, sooner you have your new to you pistol. Probably just in time for some ranges to open :)

Whatever the caliber, stock up on ammo when it's on sale!..I have a set amount of each caliber, shoot up one box, buy a box, this way you will always have a set amount reserve,and if a ammo shortage hits you will have ammo.dont be one of those looking for a box just to find out the price doubled.

Might I ask why you are considering a G 22 for your first gun? .40 caliber is more expensive to feed, and has quite a bit more recoil that a 9mm. I'd guess you've been shooting someone elses maybe? I'm not a Glock fan-boy so I couldn't even tell you which Glock is a 9mm.:oops: G19? I'd say you made a good decision to get a full size gun for your first. Unlike some, that get a little gun because they're just getting into guns. That was my mistake! o_O

Agreed. Cost of ammo is a big factor and huge plus for first time gun owners. Cheaper ammo means more shooting/practicing which is key when you're just starting out.

The popularity of .40 cal has also really been dropping in the last couple years which is only going to make the cost of .40 ammo go up.

Recoil is better with the 9mm which is also important with new shooters. And while ballistics of the .40 cal round are slightly better than 9mm, it really is a very small difference and especially with the much improved 9mm defensive loads on the market today.

There's a reason folks have stopped buying .40's.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Good call. There's a LEO trade-in 22 on AIM for 330.00 right now. Wouldn't be my choice, but there ya go.

I get their emails. I look at those LEO trade-in Glocks for those prices! It's crazy. It even makes ME think about buying a Glock!

Glock 22.
Get a Gen1, put an attorney on retainer, and shoot it as much as you possibly can. When you lose part of your hand to the KBs known to that model, buy a few STI and Les Baer models from the settlement and discover what you were missing. o_O

I get their emails. I look at those LEO trade-in Glocks for those prices! It's crazy. It even makes ME think about buying a Glock!
The way post #1 reads, I don't think we know if this new guy wants a .40 or a 22LR ?
And he's gone radio silent.
So, if we are to assume G22 police trade-in, the best place in the USofA (IMO) to get one is GTD.
GT Distributors is one of the largest Glock dealers in the country and they supply a lot of departments.
They also smoke everyone else on Glock trade-in pricing.
The 40's are sold out, but they still have some G21's (45ACP).
Gen3 SF (short frame) and Gen4
Gen4 equals short frame without the backstraps

"Short Frame" refers to the dimension from face of trigger shoe to back of backstrap.
Length of pull would be another way to describe it.
For $10 more, I'd get the Gen4.

The way post #1 reads, I don't think we know if this new guy wants a .40 or a 22LR ?
And he's gone radio silent.
So, if we are to assume G22 police trade-in, the best place in the USofA (IMO) to get one is GTD.
GT Distributors is one of the largest Glock dealers in the country and they supply a lot of departments.
They also smoke everyone else on Glock trade-in pricing.
The 40's are sold out, but they still have some G21's (45ACP).
Gen3 SF (short frame) and Gen4
Gen4 equals short frame without the backstraps

"Short Frame" refers to the dimension from face of trigger shoe to back of backstrap.
Length of pull would be another way to describe it.
For $10 more, I'd get the Gen4.

I said "THINKING" about it, not doing it. :s0114: I have enough handguns. It might be a long while before some handgun turns my head again. But that site really looks like the place to look for sure.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top