JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok im trying to purchase my first gun during the pandemic. With all the store being closed, is there another way i can get what i need? Are there shops open that i dont know about? Am i SOL until this blows over??

Go to to classifieds. Find firearm for sale by reputable member. Meet them at their FFL of choice. Do unconstitutional transfer paperwork. Buy firearm. Walk away with a smile and your new firearm.

Ok im trying to purchase my first gun during the pandemic. With all the store being closed, is there another way i can get what i need? Are there shops open that i dont know about? Am i SOL until this blows over??
Several up Pierce Co way are defying police state Jay and selling. Last I heard Sporting Systems was still open south of you and is a great place.

Washington does have some kind of waiting period on handguns. Or at least in clark county .
Up to 10 business days for the CLEO to sign off. The FFL can let it go after that if they did not hear but, some will, some will not. If it goes over 30 they have to start all over again. Last couple I bought one they let it walk after 10, don't know when they finally got the OK. Last one after the 10 they called said pick it up and heard from my CLEO that day finally. Now others have had one go through in a couple days. It seem to follow no rhyme or reason. Some who get on OK in days will soon try again and it takes weeks.

Sporting Systems and Limitless America are indeed open in Clark County
Limitless is closed on Saturdays and Sporting Systems is closed Sunday and Monday, however And Sporting is enforcing social distancing in that they limit the number of folks allowed in the store. I waited i line 20 minutes on Saturday.

Fuggit. Follow the warnings of Kamela Harris and other, ignorant pols and use the gun show loophole. The law is very clear, Inslee is keeping you safe.
Live long and prosper.

spock_prime_live_long_and_prosper.jpg

Learn how to buy a firearm on line.
Many of us here can walk you through it, if you want the help.

What kind of gun are you looking for ?

There are a couple of ways to go about it, some typical, some situation dependent (ChinaVirus).

Find an FFL dealer willing and able to do the transfer.

Go shopping.

Online dealers will need a copy of the FFL's license (they usually have some on file, but maybe not the one you've chosen) so you'll need to arrange that by giving the FFL the retailer's email or fax #... I think some people still use fax, right?

Similar ordeal if buying from a private party face-to-face... meet at mutually agreed-upon FFL, fill out form 4473, pay for background check, etc.

You may get lucky and find something you like in stock at a gun shop, which is easier to arrange since it's just a customer/retailer transaction with no third parties.

All of this presumes you can pass the NICS background check.

What kind of gun are you looking for? Some are easier than others to find, you may even find one here at NWFA's classifieds.

Happy hunting, welcome to NWFA.

What kind of fire arm are you wanting? Hand gun, rifle, revolver, semi auto? Caliber? Inquiring minds, and all that....

Your needs will dictate "how" you get there. You are not SOL.....

Find an FFL that is willing to do a transfer for you. You can look up FFLs by state at the BATF website.
Here is the list for WA. https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/undefined/0118-ffl-list-washingtonxlsx/download

There is likely someone in your area that can help you do the paper work and complete the transfer. There are lots of FFLs that have relationships with online vendors such as Davidsons Gallery of Guns Gallery of Guns , and offer discounts when purchasing from those vendors.

Despite what is often read in the media it is not a simple process to purchase a firearm in the state of Washington.

I would recommend contacting an FFL from the list in your area that is willing to help answer your questions over the phone. This can be daunting for a new owner, be patient, follow the rules and ask questions about the things your not absolutely sure of.

~Whitney

IF it's still available, arrange to meet the seller at Sporting Systems (or some other WA FFL) to complete the sale. Thens you waits.

For all those wondering, im looking for a glock 22.

Might I ask why you are considering a G 22 for your first gun? .40 caliber is more expensive to feed, and has quite a bit more recoil that a 9mm. I'd guess you've been shooting someone elses maybe? I'm not a Glock fan-boy so I couldn't even tell you which Glock is a 9mm.:oops: G19? I'd say you made a good decision to get a full size gun for your first. Unlike some, that get a little gun because they're just getting into guns. That was my mistake! o_O

For all those wondering, im looking for a glock 22.
Well there ya go...
Under "normal" circumstances, dealers have 40 cal anything (especially Glocks) coming out of their ears... police trade-ins guns are a great way to go.

Maybe consider a S&W M&P or SiG P226/229... I know Mark at Summit Gunbroker has some of each. He's got some S&W 4006s too last I checked.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top