JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went out today to see if I could get some birds and fingers crossed a cotton tail, end of the day was winding down and I was getting ready to head back when I caught something out the corner of my eye hop over a cobblestone wall. Aimed right and stepped left and it took off! Iined up my lead and let her rip, looked good but it kept running to a tree, so I went stalking. I looked low to make sure I didn't miss it moving back left and walked slowly to the right, all of a sudden there it was lying on the ground. One pellet through the lungs and one through the back leg, breaking it.

GT79wpM.jpg

9afDbNE.jpg

EWSiO7i.jpg

i7gCXLz.jpg

Roasted it in the oven with salt pepper and glazed it 3/4s theough, wife and I ate it with cauliflower mashed potatoes. Delicious. I'm going back for more. Maybe some birds next time too.

Well done Brandon!!.....there is a certain level of excitement, adrenaline and respect for the game animal when you make a stalk that works. Eating your harvested wild game is extremely rewarding. We need more people hunting who are as enthusiastic as you for a yummy Cottontail!!!.......

I do see what maybe a rabbit face but the rest seen to be pretty much badly damaged. I know once it was cooked it was more identifiable, so maybe I should have out a :rolleyes: at the end.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top