JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
you obviously have a distaste for poly guns...[/QUOTE
No I do not. I think they have their place and purpose. I have owned and currently own one poly gun.
if it were a steel gun, would you say, "Aren't there enough steel guns?"
Yes I would. My point is I think we already have enough to choose from without adding
still a new model, unproven, alas another entry in the semi poly pistol indy 500, hoping for pole position.
Does this new gun offer anything really new or outstanding or just variations of what is already out there. Personally I prefer to stick with tried and true traditional designs with an established market, customer base and more importantly parts availability.

... My point is I think we already have enough to choose from without adding...

That begs the question of how many is enough exactly? And how does one determine if there's enough, or too much, or too few?

The way I see it, nothing wrong with competition.

In the case of this gun, I don't really know if it will compete. Why buy a gun from the UAE, if there are domestically made guns that are priced the same or even a good deal cheaper and aren't inferior?

The only thing the Caracal seems to have going for it, is the novelty/cool factor of being something other than the ubiquitous Glock and similar pistols.

I dun'no --colored inserts that don't change the grip size, just for pretty!
Really?
Does the firearms world really need that?
Call me old-fashioned, but I like blued, black or stainless pistols, with maybe a touch of burlwood for grips. Hope that this is not the trend of the future....

I look foreward to poking fun at people who talk down about Muslims whilst carrying this pistol. Wait...would they be considered terrorists for owning one? Own a Muslim pistol, carry the hidden Muslim agenda!!!

I'm not sure I'd rather have one than a sig or glock.And the price is the same? Third gen glocks are hard to beat for the price and all around performance.No matter what I own and have in the safe,thats what I end up carrying.

A bunch of people claiming they only buy "American" guns like the Springfield XD (otherwise known as the Croatian HS2000). :s0114:

Agreed, I try to mention this as often as possible.

Does U.A.E. stand for United Arab Emerites?

Yes, the same people that send millions, if not billions to Islamic militants worldwide. Chechnya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Algeria, Somalia.... etc..

I will never, EVER purchase this weapon or any other weapon associated with any nation that allows such blatant support both financially, culturally, and politically. It's sickening.

I can't wait to see these handguns being used to execute kidnapping victims of Islamic "mujahideen" on internet propaganda videos. Better yet, in the hands of these criminals as they saw somebody's head off in the name of religion, chanting enthusiastically as they commit horrible crimes.

No thanks.

Yes, I do feel that my post is relevant.

Look at it.....no, seriously study the lines. Looks like nothing more than a P99/S&W99 with a few changes to the slide lines and grip. Good looking gun, but then again, so are they. I always loved the way my p99 shot. Low center of gravity, changable backstraps...yadda yadda. Sounds familiar?

Yes, the same people that send millions, if not billions to Islamic militants worldwide. Chechnya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Algeria, Somalia.... etc...

What evidence are you basing your slur on the United Arab Emirates on? I am a news addict for decades, and have never seen any information that the UAE supports "terrorists" or jihadists. All Arab nations are NOT the same! The UAE seems to be the most progressive of them all, and the most friendly to the West. What evidence do you have that the UAE sends money to radical groups?.............................elsullo :huh:

What evidence are you basing your slur on the United Arab Emirates on? I am a news addict for decades, and have never seen any information that the UAE supports "terrorists" or jihadists. All Arab nations are NOT the same! The UAE seems to be the most progressive of them all, and the most friendly to the West. What evidence do you have that the UAE sends money to radical groups?.............................elsullo :huh:

All arabs are terrorists, didn't you know?:s0114:
PH2010042201511-vi.jpg

Anyway... I'd like to try one sometime and see how it feels. I haven't found any striker fired guns I particularly care for yet. Best one was the S&W M&P 9mm, but even that had a pretty gritty trigger. I've heard this can be improved with apex/pro triggers but I have not had the chance to try one yet. If this Caracal thing turns out to be as popular the steyr m pistols are, maybe I will get my grubby hands on one soon. It looks almost the same to be honest.
Steyr for reference:

I think I would like the caracal better, I am not a fan of finger grooves. They never fit my long womanly fingers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top