Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

First Caracals Hit The States!

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by spengo, Sep 21, 2010.

1. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Waffen Werks in Tennessee is the importer!

k226860caracalboxes.jpg
    k226870caracalcloseup.jpg
    k226865caracalfpistol.jpg
    k226863img5405.jpg

2. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Looks like another glock to me...I will say that I like the slide rails on the sear assembly. Some things just should never be plastic (one of the things I love about the XD over the glock as well).

MSRP is about $650-700.

For something that is coming from the UAE to be outsourced then shipped to the US for production should be $500-$550ish. Especially a polymer one...don't get me wrong, I like the design and the look. It just seams like everyone is trying to get rich off the gun community now-a-days.

Remington with the ACR (MSRP was supposed to be $1400 to give the FN SCAR a run for its money, but the basic model MSRP is at just under $3000) is a rip off if I ever saw one.

I say let that mother sit on the gun shelves for that price...both the ACR and the Caracal.

3. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Pretty nifty, especially with the low part count. I guess time will tell if it lives up to Glocks flexibility/reliability.

also to the post above about the MSRP, the current glock MSRP is ~$600-680 for most of their models. This isn't that much more.

4. spengo

k2269361252539img.jpg
    Found a pic of the CQS sights.

Not sure if want. D:

Here are the F sights. I dunno, I am a traditional 3-dot kinda guy.
    k2269341252538img.jpg

This is p funny though. :D
    k226920caracallol.gif

5. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Isn't that how all guns work though?

6. YFZsandrider

YFZsandrider Tacoma, Wa Member

Any idea when these will actually make it to regular avaiability in the U.S. market? I really like that low bore axis, and the frame undercut beneath the slide looks to make it comfortable for msot hand sizes.

7. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

That's kinda nice looking. How well do they shoot?

8. oregonshooter

oregonshooter AMERICA Member

Should be very soft shooting and fast. Reminds me of the HKP7 bore height. The non standard rear sight is a loser though. If they have a plain black rear right and the front dovetail is standard for Heinie or Novak they may hae a winning combo.

The improvements over the G17 would make me buy it instead IF they are listed the same price or within $50.00

A dealer list price of $500.00 and they will sell.

Just found this... http://www.steyrclub.com/vb/showthread.php/8061-Our-Caracal-Pics.....?

9. Old506

Old506 Northwest Member

Does U.A.E. stand for United Arab Emerites?

10. spengo

Yep.

Inb4 a bunch of people claiming they only buy "American" guns like the Springfield XD (otherwise known as the Croatian HS2000). :laugh:

11. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Looks neat, but would have to be cheaper for me to take a real interest.

12. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Kind of a high starting price point for an unknown MFG start up with zero credibility, no history and unknown if they will be in business 2 years from now. At that price they are competing in the upper level pistol market with HK, Sig, etc, companies that can command those prices.

13. spengo

Yeah, the only other gun I can find made by waffen werks is that PSL-turned-into-a-carbine thing.
    Waffen Werks AK 54 R Dragunov Carbine
    Also rather expensive for a PSL...

14. BulkAmmo

BulkAmmo Knoxville New Member

I'm curious to see what the street price is 6 months from now. If they get the price point around the big 3 polymer guns I could see it being as popular as the Beretta polymer handguns. There is just so much competition in the poly gun market now.

15. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Top Gun supply has been selling the superb, reliable and well tested Sig 2022, German made, for under $400.00.

16. spengo

That is a very good gun, but it is sort of unrelated to the thread...:p Also, this is inconsequential, but aren't they mostly made in Exeter, NH?

17. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Well, it is and it isn't. Who would want to pay hundreds more for something untested and unknown from a country of unknown Mfg capability? It would be different if they were coming in a hundred bucks less than a Sig Pro or a Glock: both tested solid reliable pistols.

The Sig Pro 2022 is fully made and assembled in Deutchland. Maybe you are thinking of the Sig 250, which seems less loved.

regards to all

18. spengo

At this point, the caracal will probably be mostly bought by fans of Wilhelm Bubits who already own a Glock or a Steyr M and like it. It will take awhile before it gets a reputation like sig or glock. His previous pistol, the Steyr M series has done pretty well though.

19. M.Link

M.Link Guest

I will stick to my favorites, 3rd gen Glocks. No reason to change. There is not one thing I dislike about a Glock, even though they aren't pretty, they aren't ugly like these things! Anyway, that's my thought.

20. novamind

novamind Hillsboro Active Member

Looks good, yes a little pricie, still a new model, unproven, alas another entry in the semi poly pistol indy 500, hoping for pole position.