JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Waffen Werks in Tennessee is the importer!

Wilhelm Bubits designed the first Glock...

Then he left to Steyr and improved upon that original design for a polymer-framed, striker-fired pistol with drop & trigger safety. The M9 and M40 were born...

Then he moved to the UAE and designed the Caracal. He's perfected what he started two guns ago.

Features:

The Caracal is a fully ambidextrous polymer framed pistol that features an ergonomically designed grip with a rounded butt and a grip angle of 111°.[1] The lower forward edge of the frame has a mounting-bracket or rail interface system for mounting accessories.[8] The pistols low slide profile design holds the pistol barrel axis close to the shooters hand and makes pistols more comfortable to shoot by reducing muzzle rise and allows faster aim recovery in rapid shooting sequence.[9] This low bore axis principle is also found in the Glock and Steyr M pistols.

The metal slide guide rails are designed to be as long as possible to promote stability, by reducing torsion and flexing of the grip frame, during firing and a close fit between the slide and grip frame for plenty direct mechanical interaction between the slide and grip frame. Furthermore, the rails being part of the frame sub assembly that bears all internals, it is easier to assemble the mechanism for manufacturing or disassemble for maintenance and replacement.

The pistols have a fully supported chamber and fixed iron sights. The pistol can also be supplied with grip inserts in several distinctive colours (black, gray, green, blue and orange) that can be used for identification purposes.[9] The grip size can not be adjusted with these grip inserts.

The metal parts receive a proprietary "Plasox" plasma-based nitriding with an enclosed postoxidizin surface treatment producing an oxidation protective coating resistant to aggressive environmental conditions.[10][11] The manufacturer claims that this proprietary protective coating method is relatively environmental friendly, is very durable and protects well against rust.[9]

According to the manufacturer the 28 parts and components these pistols are made of are interchangeable for easy production and maintenance. A take-down lever allows the pistol to be disassembled without tools by the user.

k226860caracalboxes.jpg
k226870caracalcloseup.jpg
k226865caracalfpistol.jpg
k226863img5405.jpg

Caracal 9mm pistol on Vimeo

wicked video - including introduction from Wilhelm himself. The bore axis is low, low, low, and the damn thing breaks down into only 28 pieces.

Looks like another glock to me...I will say that I like the slide rails on the sear assembly. Some things just should never be plastic (one of the things I love about the XD over the glock as well).

MSRP is about $650-700.

For something that is coming from the UAE to be outsourced then shipped to the US for production should be $500-$550ish. Especially a polymer one...don't get me wrong, I like the design and the look. It just seams like everyone is trying to get rich off the gun community now-a-days.

Remington with the ACR (MSRP was supposed to be $1400 to give the FN SCAR a run for its money, but the basic model MSRP is at just under $3000) is a rip off if I ever saw one.

I say let that mother sit on the gun shelves for that price...both the ACR and the Caracal.

Any idea when these will actually make it to regular avaiability in the U.S. market? I really like that low bore axis, and the frame undercut beneath the slide looks to make it comfortable for msot hand sizes.

Should be very soft shooting and fast. Reminds me of the HKP7 bore height. The non standard rear sight is a loser though. If they have a plain black rear right and the front dovetail is standard for Heinie or Novak they may hae a winning combo.

The improvements over the G17 would make me buy it instead IF they are listed the same price or within $50.00

A dealer list price of $500.00 and they will sell.

Just found this... <broken link removed>

Kind of a high starting price point for an unknown MFG start up with zero credibility, no history and unknown if they will be in business 2 years from now. At that price they are competing in the upper level pistol market with HK, Sig, etc, companies that can command those prices.

Kind of a high starting price point for an unknown MFG start up with zero credibility, no history and unknown if they will be in business 2 years from now. At that price they are competing in the upper level pistol market with HK, Sig, etc, companies that can command those prices.

Yeah, the only other gun I can find made by waffen werks is that PSL-turned-into-a-carbine thing.
Waffen Werks AK 54 R Dragunov Carbine
Also rather expensive for a PSL...

I'm curious to see what the street price is 6 months from now. If they get the price point around the big 3 polymer guns I could see it being as popular as the Beretta polymer handguns. There is just so much competition in the poly gun market now.

Top Gun supply has been selling the superb, reliable and well tested Sig 2022, German made, for under $400.00.

That is a very good gun, but it is sort of unrelated to the thread...:p Also, this is inconsequential, but aren't they mostly made in Exeter, NH?

Well, it is and it isn't. Who would want to pay hundreds more for something untested and unknown from a country of unknown Mfg capability? It would be different if they were coming in a hundred bucks less than a Sig Pro or a Glock: both tested solid reliable pistols.

The Sig Pro 2022 is fully made and assembled in Deutchland. Maybe you are thinking of the Sig 250, which seems less loved.

regards to all

At this point, the caracal will probably be mostly bought by fans of Wilhelm Bubits who already own a Glock or a Steyr M and like it. It will take awhile before it gets a reputation like sig or glock. His previous pistol, the Steyr M series has done pretty well though.

I will stick to my favorites, 3rd gen Glocks. No reason to change. There is not one thing I dislike about a Glock, even though they aren't pretty, they aren't ugly like these things! Anyway, that's my thought.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top