JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not long ago, I finished my first AR rifle build. While I gathered the parts and pieces over about 2 years to do that, I also was gathering parts and pieces for a second build - an AR pistol. I've been back and forth about doing a pistol build, but thought I'd give it a go. Ultimately, I may choose to SBR this build, so the pistol build may be temporary until that time.

I fought the lower build on this one with a problem with the bolt catch lever roll pin I detailed in another thread. I finally got that issue resolved so that I could complete the build. It did leave me with a slightly marred finish on the lower, but it's not a huge deal, and one I'll deal with later if it really bothers me.

I again used a completed upper - one I got from a member here in a partial trade. It's from TNW Firearms locally and has a hand guard from A*B Arms that I happened to really like - it's got a hand stop built in to the molding and is very comfortable to grip. Currently have just a plain pistol buffer tube, I may add a brace down the road.

I've thrown on an inexpensive red/green dot for the time being while I decide what kind of optic I want to live on top of this build.

Parts:
* TNW Firearms 10.5" 5.56 Upper with A*B Arms Hand Guard
* Bushmaster Lower
* Defense Package LPK
* Phase 5 Tactical Hex-2 Pistol Buffer

IMG_7184.jpg

IMG_7190.jpg

IMG_7197.jpg

IMG_7200.jpg

IMG_7207.jpg

Very Nice. Too bad about the lower thing, but I have resolved myself, a long time ago, that when you use them, they tend to get marked up a bit. Same with guitars, or basses... life happens.

Good deal. My very first AR was a Bushmaster and I've always wanted to build another on one of their lowers.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top