JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not long ago, I finished my first AR rifle build. While I gathered the parts and pieces over about 2 years to do that, I also was gathering parts and pieces for a second build - an AR pistol. I've been back and forth about doing a pistol build, but thought I'd give it a go. Ultimately, I may choose to SBR this build, so the pistol build may be temporary until that time.

I fought the lower build on this one with a problem with the bolt catch lever roll pin I detailed in another thread. I finally got that issue resolved so that I could complete the build. It did leave me with a slightly marred finish on the lower, but it's not a huge deal, and one I'll deal with later if it really bothers me.

I again used a completed upper - one I got from a member here in a partial trade. It's from TNW Firearms locally and has a hand guard from A*B Arms that I happened to really like - it's got a hand stop built in to the molding and is very comfortable to grip. Currently have just a plain pistol buffer tube, I may add a brace down the road.

I've thrown on an inexpensive red/green dot for the time being while I decide what kind of optic I want to live on top of this build.

Parts:
* TNW Firearms 10.5" 5.56 Upper with A*B Arms Hand Guard
* Bushmaster Lower
* Defense Package LPK
* Phase 5 Tactical Hex-2 Pistol Buffer

IMG_7184.jpg

IMG_7190.jpg

IMG_7197.jpg

IMG_7200.jpg

IMG_7207.jpg

Very Nice. Too bad about the lower thing, but I have resolved myself, a long time ago, that when you use them, they tend to get marked up a bit. Same with guitars, or basses... life happens.

Good deal. My very first AR was a Bushmaster and I've always wanted to build another on one of their lowers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top