JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Flier Cover-web.jpg

Trash No Land Anniversary

Sunday, February 18, 2018, 1-5 pm
, at​

Clackamas County Public Safety Training Center indoor pistol range.

PSTC 12700 SE 82nd Ave. Clackamas, OR 97015​

Google Map link to event location: https://goo.gl/maps/V53rq14gALS2

Range is open to public 10 am-8 pm. You are welcome to pistol shoot before or after the event.

Range information: http://www.clackamas.us/sheriff/pstc.html

Meet~N~Greet! Silent Auctions! Guest Speakers! Prizes! 2018 Events!

Admission: $10 per person donation at the door. Cash, Credit or Debit card accepted.

This event is Open to the public! All are welcome!​

Funds raised will support:

Education and awareness programs focused on responsible shooting,

Our NEW free information class "Target Shooting On Public Land",

Shooting site improvements in a Forest Near You,

Sign repair & maintenance at dispersed shooting sites on public land,

Publications, videos and cleanup events.​

Trash No Land is a 501(c)3 stewardship organization dedicated to promoting safe, lawful and responsible recreational shooting on public lands.

Thanks, Cigs, Stomp and Wrench! Looking forward to seeing you again. And sorry to hear that Caveman can't make it. I like seeing him at events!

We've had a challenging 1st year for raising funds. It's been rather difficult to get people to contribute. That's why we felt it may be best to have one big event to help carry us through the year (or some of it at least). I really hate asking and trying to get donations all the time. I'd rather focus on doing what I originally set out to do. That is to put boots on the ground and start making a difference.

We don't need a whole lot of cash to do a bunch of good. I think the volunteers proved that last year when over 150 volunteers ended up removing about 17,000 lbs of trash from the 3 forests around the Portland area. And out of the 7 cleanups we did, 5 of them did not offer prizes or free lunches! That tells me, people care more about preserving public land shooting than they do a free lunch.

Still, there is so much more that a non-profit can do, if we have the funds to do it with. Although we are in a prime position to knock down a grant or two, not many grants are written for what we are doing (which often makes it rather difficult to meet their grant requirements!). We are currently waiting to hear the status of an application we submitted to the NRA Foundation for a grant that would help us accomplish the upgrades to the Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes. They could grant all we asked for or just part of it (or none at all!). I'm hoping for an update by Feb so I can announce it at the event.

I think it's really important for us to show the forest agencies our dedication to preserving and improving recreational shooting. They need to see we are aggressively working on the cause and working with them. It makes a huge difference on their decisions when they are often pressured from the other side.

At this event, I'll be reviewing our upcoming plans and events that will explain things in more detail. Some programs will need some financial help and some will simply need some volunteer help.

Doing an event like this is a whole lot more fun than bothering everyone all year with little hints and suggestions! We get to meet and greet, win some great stuff, hear directly from our forest officials and even get an opportunity to plink a few targets at the pistol range before or after the event!

I'll be posting some of the prizes and more details about the event as they unfold. It will be a good time and well worth your efforts to be there!

Thanks All,

Bill

Of course!! You guys are amazing from what I have seen. Constantly setting up work parties working with the forest service to keep us informed. I don't live near you or I would be there helping. Hope the fundraiser goes well!!

Walk away from this event with one of these... A Hatpoint Target stand! We'll have two stands available to win.

Proportional-Cover-PhotoFacebook(TM).jpg

Made in the USA the Hat Point Target Stand "multi-width target stands" will make your target shooting experience organized, simpler and happier. This target stand allows you to effectively display your targets just about anywhere. You can change the width configuration of your target stand to hold quite a few different targets and scenarios. Rifle shooters, hand gunners, hunters, Law Enforcement and gun ranges find this stand to be a useful tool for setup, training, practice, and storage. Use of this target stand promotes responsible recreational shooting on public lands.

hatpoint target diagram.jpg

Find the Hatpoint Target stand at Home - hatpointtarget.com . Available at: J&B Firearm Sales Inc , <broken link removed> and Brass Tacks Munitions

Hatpoint Target200x200-Logo.jpg

Last Edited:
ABOUT THE VENUE…

PSTC1.jpg

The Clackamas County Sheriff's Public Safety Training Center has meeting facilities and an indoor pistol range.

This is a perfect venue for our organization and we plan to have a great time. Please be aware of their house rules!

If you are planning to shoot before or after our event, here's a few things you should know… (visit their website for more details).

The Blue Range
  • 10 lanes of 25 yards.
  • This is the range primarily used by public shooters. The targets are manually operated. Additionally, there is a laterally moving target that can be used for moving-target drills.
  • They do offer memberships; however, you may also shoot on a drop-in basis.
  • You will be required to take a safety tutorial and test, and sign a liability statement. There is no charge for this.
  • You must have a working firearm in your possession.
  • For non-members, the lane fee is $18.00 per person.
  • You must purchase and shoot our ammunition. All ammunition must be purchased from the PSTC Armory. When available, "clean fire" ammunition will be used. It virtually eliminates lead vapors generated at the firing point by combining a total metal jacket and a priming mixture containing no toxic elements.
  • You may bring your own targets or purchase ours for $1.00 each.
  • All personal targets are subject to approval by the range staff.
  • The range is open to handguns, rimfire rifles and handgun-caliber rifles.
  • Ammunition availability will determine if you may or may not shoot unusual calibers.
  • All firearms are subject to approval by the range staff.
PSTC6.jpg

Ejected shells are very hot and will burn and/or blister. Also, the range is very loud.

For your safety, they require the following:
  • Ear-muff-style hearing protection (provided)
  • Wrap-around eye protection (provided) or side shields (not provided)
  • Closed-toed shoes (socks may be substituted)
  • Shirts and pants
They recommend the following:
  • Baseball caps
  • Long-sleeve protection
  • Long pants and high-neck shirts
  • Ear-plugs as backup to ear-muffs
Ages:
  • 18 years old with proof.
  • 12 years old if accompanied and supervised by a legal guardian (liability waiver required)
Rental pricing:
  • $10 members
  • $12 non-members
  • $6 revolver
  • Over 65 guns for rent (visit their website for a list)
  • You must have a working firearm with you to rent one.
They accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, checks, and cash.

PSTC2.jpg

No open carry at the event or into the building. Firearms must be unloaded and cased. You may take your handguns to the counter for safe keeping while you are at the event.

Thank you, All. We are looking forward to meeting you and having a great afternoon!

PSTC3.jpg

Bill, Bryan & Aaron
Trash No Land

Public Safety Training Center & Indoor Shooting Range

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany