JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range, Camas, WA.
4857 NW Lake Rd, Camas, Washington
SafeFireLogo.jpg
Joins us to help promote safe and responsible shooting on public lands!
SafeFire.jpg
Thank you, SafeFire!

https://www.shootatsafefire.com/

Reasons to support Recreational Shooting and Trash No Land.

THE CURRENT STATE OF RECREATIONAL SHOOTING ON PUBLIC LANDS:
  • Trash accumulation at dispersed shooting sites on public lands. (Lack of stewardship & dumping).
  • Shooters unaware of rules and shooting unlawfully. (Unsafe conditions & violations of law).
  • Targets being placed on trees, stumps and downed logs. (Fire hazards & natural resource damage).
  • Household refuse and appliances being used as targets. (Poor choice of targets & environmental concerns).
  • Shooting in unsafe locations and directions. (Public safety issues).

PROPOSED BY TRASH NO LAND AND OUR SUPPORTERS:
  • Cleanups. Official and unofficial. Promote continuous encouragement for ongoing stewardship efforts.
  • Education. Promote knowledge of rules via publications, social media, word of mouth, classes & events.
  • Awareness. Inform of issues, conditions, consequences and improvements.
  • Liaison. Communication with forest officials, on behalf of the recreational shooting community, to address and improve conditions.
  • Improvements. Advocate for the development of desirable dispersed shooting lanes incorporating fire prevention, public and personal safety, meets rules requirements and ease of cleaning while being environmentally responsible.
  • Maintenance. Routine repair and upkeep of improved shooting sites and signage.

TRASH NO LAND'S VISION FOR RECREATIONAL SHOOTING:
  • A cleaner forest.
  • Stewardship and ownership in our public lands.
  • Wide spread knowledge of rules.
  • Adherence to rules.
  • Proper target placement.
  • Proper target selection.
  • Quality dispersed shooting sites.
  • Assistance to forest officials.
  • Improved relations with other recreational activity.
  • No wild fires caused by target shooting.

Join us at our fundraising event and help us do good for our public lands!

reasons.jpg

Going up to get that carpet pile today. Thought about this last night. We need to have some magnetic Trash No Land door signs that we put on the trucks during clean ups. Gets the name out there.

Going up to get that carpet pile today. Thought about this last night. We need to have some magnetic Trash No Land door signs that we put on the trucks during clean ups. Gets the name out there.
I know! I haven't wanted to spend donated money on that kind of stuff yet, and the staff and I have already spent a bit on needed TNL set up costs, so, we sit and dream "Wouldn't it be nice?".

A lot of people say we should have hats and tee shirts too, but, I can't see doing that yet either. For now, I'd rather see the money go toward things that make a difference and things needed operating costs. Even though, advertising helps us to stay operating and increases the chances of having more money to make more difference, I'm trying to do all promotions by social media and word of mouth.

Good idea though! Hopefully we'll get there! :)

Was going to put it in this thread as a classy donation for the fund raiser but didnt want to junk up the great thread. So I started a Camp Morrison thread. But if we have any takers. I will gladly bring it up with us. There is still another rooms worth that I couldnt get. Next time.

I know! I haven't wanted to spend donated money on that kind of stuff yet, and the staff and I have already spent a bit on needed TNL set up costs, so, we sit and dream "Wouldn't it be nice?".

A lot of people say we should have hats and tee shirts too, but, I can't see doing that yet either. For now, I'd rather see the money go toward things that make a difference and things needed operating costs. Even though, advertising helps us to stay operating and increases the chances of having more money to make more difference, I'm trying to do all promotions by social media and word of mouth.

Good idea though! Hopefully we'll get there! :)
I would think that aside from the clean up efforts, if we rode around town with TNL magnetic signs on our vehicles it would be a cheap way to raise awareness. The gun grabbing left likely has no idea about TNL's efforts or vision. All they think gun owners do is go out and destroy the planet and cause global warming (if there is such a thing). If it said "Trash No Land" and the web address I'll bet that would generate thousands of hits just from the backs of our cars.

Sportsman's Warehouse, Happy Valley!!!

sportsmans-warehouse-mainlogo-2.jpg

A big THANKS goes out to the Happy Valley store for their contribution in support of public land recreational shooting! Come to the fundraiser event and win a Nikon Prostaff 3s binoculars and/or a Garmin eTrex 10 GPS!

nikon_prostaff_3s_10x42.jpg

Nikon Prostaff 3s 10x42 Roof Prism Binocular -Notably lightweight and compact, the Prostaff 3S is a standout binocular for those looking for rugged-yet-portable optics worthy of any adventure. Multilayer-Coated Lenses for Brighter Images. Multilayer coatings, which provide higher light transmittance across the entire visible light spectrum are applied to the lens and prism surfaces that transmit light. This minimizes the loss of light due to reflection, thereby ensuring a more natural, clearer view. Long Eye Relief Keeps Everything in Sight Nikon has manufactured the Prostaff 3S binoculars, as well as many other of its optics, with a high-eyepoint design for long eye relief without vignetting. This provides a clear field of view for everyone, even when the user is wearing eyeglasses. Waterproof and Fogproof O-ring sealed and nitrogen gas-filled for complete waterproof and fogproof performance.

Nikon Prostaff 3s 10x42 Roof Prism Binocular | Sportsman's Warehouse

garmin_etrex_10_gps.jpg

Garmin eTrex 10 GPS - Now with improved interface, world wide basemap, paperless geocaching, and improved spine mounting system. The classic eTrex, only better. The eTrex 10 has an enhanced 2.2 inch monochrome display that's easy to read in any lighting situation. Both durable and waterproof, eTrex 10 is built to withstand the elements. Ideal for geocaching, eTrex now allows GPX paperless geocaching files.

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Garmin-eTrex-10-GPS/productDetail/Garmin-GPS-Units/prod999901359920/cat128915

Thank you, Sportsman's Warehouse, Happy Valley!

@Cogs @Reno911 just thought I'd let you know what an honorable cause TNL is. It's truly brilliant what you guys are doing!

I'd like to pick your brain some time on how you've created this organization, how you feel about expanding eastward to Idaho and beyond. I want to be a part of this and help in any way I can.

I guess I just felt like giving you guys a big thumbs up and tell you how proud I am of your work. Keep it up!:)

@Cogs @Reno911 just thought I'd let you know what an honorable cause TNL is. It's truly brilliant what you guys are doing!

I'd like to pick your brain some time on how you've created this organization, how you feel about expanding eastward to Idaho and beyond. I want to be a part of this and help in any way I can.

I guess I just felt like giving you guys a big thumbs up and tell you how proud I am of your work. Keep it up!:)
Thank you, Heyjoe!

It started from a love for the great outdoors and a heartbreak when seeing it get ruined by the disrespect of our forests, our heritage, our claim to respectable sportsmanship and our long standing reputation as responsible gun owners. A special quality of life, once revered as a virtue worth being proud of, is fading away with the attitude of today's current deterioration of society. It's happening to our forests, just like we see littering on our streets and in our cities while many are looking the other way, and it's infecting our public land playgrounds. As it builds in the forest, many are now walking over it and looking the other way. It seems too overwhelming to try and pick it up. It's like a numbness we are getting used to.

As many of us have posted the same sentiments, we all decided it was time to get moving on it to make a difference and bring back stewardship, sportsmanship and respect. In collaborative efforts with the people on this forum, we have done a lot of good for this cause. For several years now, we've been working together to educate and raise awareness of this concern. It became obvious to me, we needed a nonprofit organization who could have the ability cause a greater effect for our efforts and reach a greater audience.

I searched for an organization that might be currently set up and focused specifically on target shooting on public land and cannot find one. There are some organizations sending messages about it, however, not with boots on the ground or aggressively seeking solutions to the concerns for recreational shooting. I finally convinced myself to do it (Jan, 2017). Since then, it's been like another full time job just working within the forests surrounding the Portland Metro area. But for me, (to coin an old phrase), it's a labor of love.

Expanding our efforts further North and East is part of our future hopes. As time goes on and we grow stronger we'll be able to reach out more. We're still young and have a long way to go! If we're careful, have the right people on board and build a strong support base, we'll be able to expand a little at a time.

I, we at Trash No Land, and the people on this forum who feel as you do, appreciate your enthusiasm and good words. Carry on and Trash No Land!

Thank you!

Bill

Welcome to the team... Cascade Training Group!!!

The experts at Cascade Training Group are donating Adventure Medical Sportsmen Whitetail first aid kits to our event!
Thank You!!!

CTG-01.jpg
Cascade Training Group was started by a couple veteran rescue dudes who love what they do and wanted to use their experiences and training to share and keep other rescuers and workers safe in their respective lines of work. We specialize in Technical Rescue Training and Confined Space Rescue operations. We have a cadre of Vancouver Firefighters and retired Air Force Vets that deliver quality - hands on training in a variety of topics. We feel like we are stewards of our earth also and we like to shoot.

CTG-02.jpg

CTG writes: "Keep up the great work. I must admit you inspired my gang - Although we've never littered and we pack it in and pack it out - but we took it to the next level during our last shooting session. We brought some trash bags and garden rakes and conducted a little clean up in our favorite area. Unfortunately sometimes I feel like it's a losing battle but we're doing what we can. It's a great place and I fear it may get closed down it's littered so bad. We'll keep chipping away at it when we're there."

Great words of encouragement! Come help us, along with CTG, to do some good for recreational shooting on public lands!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Cascade-Training-Group-1006045733…/

Thank you, Cascade Training Group!

Great Harvest Bread Co, Clackamas, OR.

Great Harvest.jpg

Is happy to chip in to help us do good for public land recreational shooting!

Win a very nice Great Harvest Basket (basket shown is example only)

Great Harvest-1.png

This Great Harvest Basket includes:
  • A loaf of Honey Wheat Bread,
  • A loaf of Cinnamon Burst Bread,
  • A loaf of Harvest White Bread,
  • Six giant cookies,
  • AND a Certificate for a loaf of bread every month for six months!

Great Harvest handcrafts bread daily using only pure and simple ingredients. We mill premium whole wheat in the bakery, blending it with natural ingredients, like yeast, salt and local honey. Great Harvest never uses chemicals or additives. As a result, our bread tastes simply amazing.

Bread shouldn't be boring, dry or full of air. Real bread is rich, moist, hearty and life-enhancing. Whole wheat bread made Great Harvest-style retains vital nutrients. Moms, kids, athletes and health-conscious people of all ages love the flavor and nutrition benefits.

Thank you, Great Harvest Bread Co. Clackamas, OR!

http://www.greatharvestclackamas.com/

Great Harvest Bread Co, Clackamas, OR.

View attachment 428767

Is happy to chip in to help us do good for public land recreational shooting!

Win a very nice Great Harvest Basket (basket shown is example only)

This Great Harvest Basket includes:
  • A loaf of Honey Wheat Bread,
  • A loaf of Cinnamon Burst Bread,
  • A loaf of Harvest White Bread,
  • Six giant cookies,
  • AND a Certificate for a loaf of bread every month for six months!

Great Harvest handcrafts bread daily using only pure and simple ingredients. We mill premium whole wheat in the bakery, blending it with natural ingredients, like yeast, salt and local honey. Great Harvest never uses chemicals or additives. As a result, our bread tastes simply amazing.

Bread shouldn't be boring, dry or full of air. Real bread is rich, moist, hearty and life-enhancing. Whole wheat bread made Great Harvest-style retains vital nutrients. Moms, kids, athletes and health-conscious people of all ages love the flavor and nutrition benefits.

Thank you, Great Harvest Bread Co. Clackamas, OR!

http://www.greatharvestclackamas.com/
I may even bid on this one!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews