JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have what may sound like a somewhat 'uninformed' question but what specific threat was being recognized or assumed that warranted the placing of snipers anyway? I mean this is not an 'active shooter' or hostage situation.

Isn't it SOP for all government agencies these days when they attempt to enforce one of their laws? Snipers, dogs, true assault weapons. I'm surprised they didint bring any armor with them.

There seems to be a pattern here. The Hage family has been similarly harassed and eventually won in court:

"The 104-page opinion by U.S. District Court Judge Robert C. Jones on May 23 in Nevada tells a sordid and infuriating tale of a two-decades-long conspiracy among federal employees of the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) of the Department of the Interior to deny the grazing rights of a Nevada ranching family, interfere with their water rights, and destroy their cattle business by scaring away their customers."

http://blog.heritage.org/.../court-rebuffs-government.../
yQcIkBZ&w=154&h=154&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.heritage.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2FWayne-Hage130611.jpg
Government's Shocking Interference in Rancher's Life - The Foundry: Conservative Policy News...
blog.heritage.org
A startling court decision on government wrongdoing is a stark reminder of how the federal government can ruin American lives and businesses.

Yep, good old Dirty Harry. It helps that your old Policy Adviser, Neal Kornze, is now the Deputy Director of the BLM. His own BLM page says he was a key player in the development of the Western Solar Plan, heck he's taking credit for it being three years ahead of schedule.

Edit: I see nobody here has mentioned the dirty deal that's behind all this. Dirty Harry's son made a deal with the Chinese to provide the provide the panels for a solar farm NE of Vegas. I've read (or scanned) the impact statement, Bundy's grazing lands are part of the Gold Butte ACAC Mitigation Area that supposed to provide healthy environment for species (tortoises) in exchange for the solar farm acreage. So the BLM comes in and locks up over three hundred thousand acres AND THEIR WATER RIGHTS, all this supposedly to compensate for a couple dozen acres of solar farm.

See how much land they grabbed, and this is just the northern portion, it reaches all the way south to Lake Mead.

Bunkerville-GoldButte_zps4bc94446.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top