JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Closing until spring when it is accessible.

Mostly hardwood . Alder. Maple. Some cedar and fir.

Multiple cords. Mostly logs of less than 20 ft long. Logged this July so not fully seasoned yet - but dry and not green either.

Location is between Scholls and Newberg on Chehalem mountains. Weekends only by appt. only.

Primitive conditions.

Dirt road off public road. As weather gets more wet you will need 4x4. No guarantee you don't need one now.

Must sign waiver of liability and only cut on MY property when I am present. I will NOT cut or split for you. NWFA members only.

PM me and we can make arrangements.

Last Edited:
xo0bqe.jpg

Most of the logs are by the dirt road, but there are a few good ones worth dragging to the road. Once the ones by the road are out of the way, I can get to the others and drag them to the road if it hasn't rained heavily yet.

That's a really decent thing for you to do, not many people would let others cut wood like that. If i were closer i'd be there, but, would also give you some of the wood that i cut as well. Looks like some great wood.

That's a really decent thing for you to do, not many people would let others cut wood like that. If i were closer i'd be there, but, would also give you some of the wood that i cut as well. Looks like some great wood.
I already have 3-4 cords cut and about a cord split, stacked and under cover ready for winter. I have about three cords of logs by my shop that are much more convenient for me to cut, split and stack. I need these logs gone so that replanting can commence, and it would make the slash pile burning much easier too.

I learned this week that where I estimated my property line was wrong and that I have 5 more slash piles to burn and a bunch more logs for firewood, so there is plenty here. If someone prefers, they can come and haul the logs off and cut them elsewhere, I just need them gone - the sooner the better. It is nice weather now and will be for a few weeks, so now is the time for someone to come get some free firewood.

Two weeks ago it was too dry to burn.

Now it is too wet to get any street legal vehicle down the dirt road to my back acreage. I went 100 feet down the road with my truck and got stuck when it slid off the road. Fortunately, with some luck, I got back on the road, got it turned around and barely got back out.

So for now, I am not going to allow access to the property until that condition changes. Given the weather forecast, I don't think that will change until spring.:oops:

The road itself is hard underneath the mud, so as I was braking going down the hill, I hit one of the drainage cuts across the road and I just slid right off it like it was ice, going off the road into foot deep mud, with what are basically street tires. After several tries of backing up the hill, I determined my only chance was to get back on the road by letting gravity work for me and I got to an area where the ground on either side of the road was undisturbed - still brush and such - and used that to allow me to drive partway off the road, backup and turn around.

With the engine over the front wheels and pointed uphill now, I was barely able to nurse it back up to the gravel road - I had to be careful to tread that fine line between spinning too much and letting it find traction, but I made slow progress.

Next project - wire up and mount the winch I bought for the truck. Also, eventually get my small pickup back from my SIL and put some mud tires on that as it does a lot better in soft mud.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top