JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With all the possible restrictions that might be coming to Washington, are there any ranges, gun clubs or related facilities where a locker or vault space could be rented by Washington residents to store firearms and related items?

Thank You.

Had a similar notion when IP 43 was looming in Oregon. If not available at this point, could be a money maker for someone to set up a location just over the tofu curtain borders. Not sure how the liability aspects would work out. Would be an excellent resource for those who plan to relocate out of state eventually but need time to finalize real estate matters, house hunt, ETC.

Last Edited:
With all the possible restrictions that might be coming to Washington, are there any ranges, gun clubs or related facilities where a locker or vault space could be rented by Washington residents to store firearms and related items?

Thank You.

How much would you be willing to pay per month for a say, 16 gun safe?

How would you want it to work? You buy a safe and bolt it down in the Idaho facility so it's yours? Or would you be satisfied with some kind of metal gun cabinet/locker that you put padlocks on, (assuming adequate security for the facility), or that have dial or electronic locks?

Who would provide insurance?

Should ammo storage be allowed?

Rules for the facility would have to be all guns unloaded and in a case, right? This way anyone with an uncased gun would be a suspected robber. Need a way to identify real robbers before they get the drop on staff and steal all the guns. What kind of security would you need? Same as a gun store I suspect - are there laws on that?

I just wanted to start a conversation on this subject. If I-1639 passes, that won't be the end of it. We may be looking at a complete modern sporting rifle ban within 5 years. Just like I-574 and the ban on private transfers, we no longer have real self-determination here, as the initiative process can be purchased with enough money.

I agree. What good does having your gun in another state do for you? What would you do if you should need it?

If your state goes full commie and passes draconian gun laws, storing your guns in a free state could mean you didn't have to comply with those laws. This could give you time to sell out, get a new job or retire, and move to a free state, and not have to comply with the new laws. If some guns (maybe revolvers or pump shotguns) were not affected by the laws, you could keep those at home for self defense and store the guns affected by the new laws (probably semi-autos, ARs, AKs, etc.) in the free state.

I think there would be significant interest from the 3 west coast states - Commiefornia already, and Oregonian and Washington if they go full commie. That interest could change depending on rulings of a new Supreme Court.

Question and answer, somewhat related, about California/Nevada laws. California law may mean less interest in out of state storage than I thought: (EDIT - this is ~ 7 years old so check recent laws.)
Can a resident of California walk into a gun store in Nevada and purchase a firearm directly from the dealer?

Last Edited:
Nwbackpacker, et al., please be aware the yahoo Q&A cite is over 7 years old and the information is unsubstantiated without viable reference, therefore, the data may not accurately reflect the current CA statutory guidance.

If your state goes full commie and passes draconian gun laws, storing your guns in a free state could mean you didn't have to comply with those laws. This could give you time to sell out, get a new job or retire, and move to a free state, and not have to comply with the new laws. If some guns (maybe revolvers or pump shotguns) were not affected by the laws, you could keep those at home for self defense and store the guns affected by the new laws (probably semi-autos, ARs, AKs, etc.) in the free state.

I think there would be significant interest from the 3 west coast states - Commiefornia already, and Oregonian and Washington if they go full commie. That interest could change depending on rulings of a new Supreme Court.

Question and answer, somewhat related, about California/Nevada laws. California law may mean less interest in out of state storage than I thought:
Can a resident of California walk into a gun store in Nevada and purchase a firearm directly from the dealer?

I am from California and don't know anyone who stored their guns out of state and no, I don't know all 38 million people. The subject was extensively discussed on the CalGuns website. The consensu was essentially sell the guns off or keep them at home by whichever means you want ie compliance or non-compliance with the laws. If your AR's/Mini's/ AK's etc. are for your self defense then they really do need to be where you can get to them easily, not out of state. If they are just range toys for you then sell them off and don't worry about the laws. Do as you wish, but for myself, the idea of putting my property in prison out of state and only seeing them on visitation day doesn't appeal to me at all.

I am from California and don't know anyone who stored their guns out of state and no, I don't know all 38 million people. The subject was extensively discussed on the CalGuns website. The consensu was essentially sell the guns off or keep them at home by whichever means you want ie compliance or non-compliance with the laws. If your AR's/Mini's/ AK's etc. are for your self defense then they really do need to be where you can get to them easily, not out of state. If they are just range toys for you then sell them off and don't worry about the laws. Do as you wish, but for myself, the idea of putting my property in prison out of state and only seeing them on visitation day doesn't appeal to me at all.

No one wants to store their property out of state unless they have no choice. For many folks keeping illegal guns is not an acceptable option, because they don't like the color scheme in prison. :rolleyes: Some folks may decide to move to another state. If so, a temporary storage location in a free state would be one option - they can retrieve their guns when they move. As I indicated, you might keep SOME firearms at home if they were not impacted by the new laws.

In other words storing your scary, illegal guns in "prison" for a few months, beats the State storing your azz in prison for 10 years if caught breaking a gun law. ;)

Justcuz, post #11, yes, I noticed the article was old. Would have to check recent laws, which change regularly in California.

Funny you mention it. Something we're working on presently is an expansion to Nevada. Said holdings will expand our possibilities. The machine-gun acquisition may have to wait for a spell. But whatever moves benefits the tribe is what we're after.:s0155:

No one wants to store their property out of state unless they have no choice. For many folks keeping illegal guns is not an acceptable option, because they don't like the color scheme in prison. :rolleyes: Some folks may decide to move to another state. If so, a temporary storage location in a free state would be one option - they can retrieve their guns when they move. As I indicated, you might keep SOME firearms at home if they were not impacted by the new laws.

In other words storing your scary, illegal guns in "prison" for a few months, beats the State storing your azz in prison for 10 years if caught breaking a gun law. ;)

Justcuz, post #11, yes, I noticed the article was old. Would have to check recent laws, which change regularly in California.

You should probably look at arrest statistics for "Assault Weapon" violations in California. The only AW busts occurred when the owner was breaking the law in some other way such as DUI with the rifle in the car, or beating up his girlfriend and the AW was found in the house or they were trying to sell AW's or trying to sell meth or were a prohibited person in the first place. They never went door to door in the 18 years the ban was in effect, nor did they hang out at ranges to see who had what. They don't have the manpower to deal with all of the real crime let alone BS stuff like this and too many cops are on our side anyway. So unless you plan on committing one of the moronic crimes listed, you really have little to worry about. Their end game is simply that you forfeit your guns when you kick off as they cannot be transferred via sale or inheritance.

So if it makes you feel safer to not have your semi auto rifles with you then just sell them off and just buy new ones if you ever do move out of the state. Why pay rent to keep guns you'll never shoot?

Funny you mention it. Something we're working on presently is an expansion to Nevada. Said holdings will expand our possibilities. The machine-gun acquisition may have to wait for a spell. But whatever moves benefits the tribe is what we're after.:s0155:

I love driving Hwy 50 across those desolate wide open spaces in Nevada. Although it does get a little too warm for me at times in July and August as I drive across without AC! :)

I've driven some of the roads from Hwy 50 north into Idaho and Oregon - those are nice also.

How are the gun laws in Nevada? Looks like the Governor is a Republican who won in a 71% to 24% landslide in 2014, but he isn't up for reelection. Hope the R wins so the Democrat controlled legislature can be smacked down when needed. Might wait until the election to see what the firearms-laws landscape looks like.

So if it makes you feel safer to not have your semi auto rifles with you then just sell them off and just buy new ones if you ever do move out of the state. Why pay rent to keep guns you'll never shoot?

Paying rent would hopefully be short-term at reasonable cost. I'm not willing to risk breaking gun laws - I just hate prison architecture! :eek:

In the future, if gun laws tighten, new semi-autos may be very expensive, or not available at all - that's the direction all anti-gunners want to go.

Eventually, unless the Supreme Court outlaws all these state gun bans, semi-autos will be illegal in many states; if Ds take over the US government they'll be illegal in all states. I've been thinking maybe I should trade them in for lever actions, pumps, and wheel guns and beat the rush. Sad situation.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top