JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Thank god for cell service, too bad no running water. Not even to wash herself off after playing in the "mud".

Some people should put a lanyard on those $1k+ devices. Before y'all get too harsh on the poor pit diver, ask yourself if you dropped your EDC gun in there, would you do the same?

Just wondering why do you have your phone out in a toilet like this...
Who ya gonna call...Turdbusters...? :eek: :D
Andy
I have never seen the need but an amazing number of phones get dropped in toilets. When smart phones first got going good and were pricey one kid lost a few like this. He was working 2 jobs so of course had to have the latest and greatest phone. Even with insurance it was costing him a couple hundred bucks every time he dropped one in a toilet. After the second time I asked him what the hell is with the having it in your hand in the toilet? I never got a strait answer. Niece who works at an Apple store said it is super common for the phones to get killed this way so it was not just him. Guess this had a lot to do with them finally coming out with water proof models.

Thank god for cell service, too bad no running water. Not even to wash herself off after playing in the "mud".

Some people should put a lanyard on those $1k+ devices. Before y'all get too harsh on the poor pit diver, ask yourself if you dropped your EDC gun in there, would you do the same?
If I dropped a gun down there I suppose I would try to get something to fish it out and boil the damn thing :D
If I managed to drop a phone down there? It would stay right there and I would buy another. I know I sure as hell would not try to lower myself into the thing head first no matter what was down there. :eek:

Animated GIF

Just wondering why do you have your phone out in a toilet like this...
Who ya gonna call...Turdbusters...? :eek: :D
Andy
I have dropped a phone in a toilet. It fell from my shirt pocket as I leaned down to flush. Shirt pockets are now emptied before I go.

If I dropped a gun down there I suppose I would try to get something to fish it out and boil the damn thing :D
If I managed to drop a phone down there? It would stay right there and I would buy another. I know I sure as hell would not try to lower myself into the thing head first no matter what was down there. :eek:
If I had dropped it in an open pit, it would have stayed there. Yes I will pay $500 or even $1000 to not wade or swim in poo. Probably more than that if it came to it. A gun though? That's a tough call.

Phones? If they fell into a pit toilet, or even a portapotty.. they stay. Not worth the risk of exposure to the STDs, the bacteria, the viruses, or parasites by literal skin contact of feces and other assorted crap in there :s0001:
As for guns... well. Have a buddy Call police, tell them someone dumped a gun in there, and you don't know if its been used in crimes..
And they'll come right out to investigate and fish the gun out. Maybe you'll lose it forever. Maybe you'll get put under microscope for potential crime. Maybe get billed for loss of gun :rolleyes: maybe you can get it back . Highly doubt it though. A magnet on a fishing line might be better.

As to why are phones out in the restrooms? I myself am guilty of the same thing :rolleyes: usually if I'm taking a crap, I want to check messages, or play dumb time-waster games, or scroll through forums... but if I just need to liquidate liquids.. then phone stays in pocket. Some people...particularly shallow women... and vain men.. take selfies in the restroom with the mirrors... some of the more.... adventurous types might take selfies of their crotches, or cleavage, or all combined... to send to partners or sites.. others.. for servicing the rather gross kinks of people online :eek:

I have dropped a phone in a toilet. It fell from my shirt pocket as I leaned down to flush. Shirt pockets are now emptied before I go.

If I had dropped it in an open pit, it would have stayed there. Yes I will pay $500 or even $1000 to not wade or swim in poo. Probably more than that if it came to it. A gun though? That's a tough call.
The only reason I would want to go after the gun is fear someone else would see it and go for it. Then trying to explain how it ended up at some crime later. Can you just see the look on their face when you told them how you lost it? Or having to call to report it? Wonder if authorities would come to fish it out if you did???
Phone? It would still be there. Even if I could get it out I would not keep it so what would be the point.
Reminded me of a great one I heard. Granddad was well primed. Got sick, lost upper or lowers while throwing up as toilet was flushing. Others unbolted toilet, got them out. Aunt of mine cleaned them up with bleach. Handed them back to him. Dad said his father said, "well I better do it now or I'll never have the courage to do it in the morning when I'm sober", and popped them back in his mouth. :D

You ain't the only one.
I got my first cell phone ever , last year.
It still doesn't see much use.
Andy
We resisted the smart phones for years. I did love the idea of the simple phone. For a hell of a long time it was all I wanted. Wife pulled the trigger first, got a cheap smart phone. Well it was not long after using hers a few times I got one. Now? I have turned around after leaving for work to come back for the damn thing.:D
They are just so damn convenient. Like having a PC, and camera in your pocket when you want it. it's my music when I drive too. I have never gotten the addicted to it where you walk around looking at it and can't see the world around you but, damn the things are nice. If I am driving or even walking and need to use it? I will stop and do so. I will not even look at it while walking around as I am just too used to paying attention to what is going on around me.

I am just too used to paying attention to what is going on around me.
This is my sticking point...I would rather pay attention to the real world.
Says the guy posting on a internet forum....:D

That said...
I've been out today a few time walking our dog...shot my bow in the backyard...wiped down some guns...
Hell I even did some housework and laundry...:eek: :D
Andy

When a phone camera does better photos, videos, store and play media(other than vinyl records :rolleyes: ) better than what was available 10-25 years ago... it's amazing. Anyone remember math teachers being all " you won't be walking around with calculators a the time!" ?.? :s0064: well. Show me a phone that doesn't, and I'll show you a vintage/antique phone :s0064:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews