JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just to be sure I wasn't way off the mark, I checked in with some of the other Combat Veterans I hang out with to be sure I wasn't talking out of my a$$. Way back in 1964 I took the oath of enlistment, I swore to protect the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. When I retired from active duty in 1988, after almost 24 years of service as a grunt who jumped out of airplanes, I was transfered to the inactive reserves and there I still am. I have never been released from my oath.

Nowhere in the oath is there a clause that says "unless I disagree" or "unless I change my mind". If I allow this D-Bags right to free speech to get trampled on, what gets trampled next, our 2d Amendment Rights? My right to free speech? While I, and my Veteran friends (Viet Nam Vets) would protect his right to free speech, we would also exercise our right to walk away and not listen to him. Our choice.

The D-Bag got exactly what he wanted. A little notoriety on the wonderful world of Facebook, a lot of people really angry, and realizes he's safe, secure and anonymous. He and his troll buddies are probably hanging out in his cool bachelor pad in his mother's basement, having a C-jerk, giggling about all the mischief they've done.

In my opinion, and that's all it is, an opinion, those brothers in arms that lost their lives or limbs in combat have already paid a very dear price to insure this a$$hats freedoms. How can I do any less?

Oh, and I am a Combat Vet, 3 1/2 years in that garden spot of the east, Viet Nam with Airborne Infantry units. I'm also 100% disabled, service connected. No Purple Hearts, just too many parachute landings I didn't walk away from.

Ron, I agree with you completely. Like you I don't recall ever being released from that oath.

People like this, spouting off their ill concieved bs, deserve as much freedom as anyone else. Eventually their statements will rear up and bite them in the butt. Hopefully they will continue with their rhetoric and expand on it until it becomes a federal violation. Then they can expound on the value of their stupid statements in prison.

Yep freedom of speech can be a great thing, or, if you give them enopugh rope.......

ah, then that oath to protect the constitution, do the amendments not count?

So, since none of you are part of the group he's talking about, I don't blame you for being all up in arms about his "right" to make fun of you specifically.

davemata, would you be ok with him making fun of you for simply being a Mbubblegum? Granted, that's not quite the same as defending your country and coming back broken, but you'd still be ok with it?

Ron Eagle Elk, congrats on the 24 years of honorable (I'm guessing) service, but when you really get wounded and are no longer "valuable" to your service, they boot your *** out the door. Goodbye, thanks for playing. Most are lucky if they get a disability rating from their service, lucky for us the VA is there to pick up that slack. So, tell me, how did it feel when YOU came home and they threw blood or paint or spit on you? Did you enjoy it and say "You know what, go ahead and do that because I believe in the Constitution and all it stands for and I'm ok with you defiling my body and the uniform I wear that represents your rights to do whatever the hell you want"? When you start singleing out a specific group for torment or harrassment, it is no longer freedom of speech. It's BS.

coop44, because of "freedom of speech", it will soon (if it hasn't been ruled on yet) no longer be a federal crime to claim to be a decorated member of the military. Is that what your meant by "...enough rope..." Is that right? Are you ok with that? The Stolen Valor Act is going the way of the dodo and DADT because it's now being argued that it's freedom of speech. So all these a-holes who have been prosecuted and found guilty, on the people's dime mind you; and are in prison, on the people's dime mind you; are going to be able to have their cases reviewed, on the people's dime mind you; and be able to have it reversed, or a new trial, again, on the people's dime. And you're still OK with their "freedom of speech"?

Court Holds Stolen Valor Act unconstitutional, dismisses First American Financial v. Edwards : SCOTUSblog

<broken link removed>

He's claiming to be one of us. Well, not all of "us", because he's not addressing the part of the military that actually gets hurt, and you think that it's ok? I am a firm believer in the Constitution and the BOR, but I also have the pride that I earned in boot camp and 8 1/2 years on active duty, and don't think that any POS should be able to say that kind of crap. Sure, if he wanted to name his page "I'm a super-secret SquEaL" or some such thing, I'd be upset but that's his "right". But his page isn't called that. He's making fun of me directly, and I won't stand for that. Period.

iusmc2002 said:
I am a firm believer in the Constitution and the BOR...
Are you enough of a believer to uphold your oath to protect it?

The first amendment protects this dude, even if he's being a bubblegumheel.

Now you asked directly my opinion, then of course you immediately discount it, I don't care what he says. I wouldn't go whining and mewling to the .gov to censor him, nor would I agree with anyone who wants to crap on the 1A just because they don't like what he says, same with those Westboro retards. I also wouldn't read his crap, nor offer him any help if some drunk and angry person wants to correct him.

Anyone who is ok with limiting the 1A is ok with limiting the 2A, simple as that. So which camp are you in, chief?

Are you enough of a believer to uphold your oath to protect it?

The first amendment protects this dude, even if he's being a bubblegumheel.

Now you asked directly my opinion, then of course you immediately discount it, I don't care what he says. I wouldn't go whining and mewling to the .gov to censor him, nor would I agree with anyone who wants to crap on the 1A just because they don't like what he says, same with those Westboro retards. I also wouldn't read his crap, nor offer him any help if some drunk and angry person wants to correct him.

Anyone who is ok with limiting the 1A is ok with limiting the 2A, simple as that. So which camp are you in, chief?

I'm all for limiting the 2A, ya caught me. Now that I'm outted, I guess I better get off NWFA. I never said I wanted .gov to come in and do ANYTHING to this clown. I just said none of my friends would be ok with the bubblegum he said. So either your reading comprehension is horrible, or you just like to stir the pot.

As far as growing some stones, I've got mine and I'll do whatever the heck I want with them, thank you very much

iusmc2002,

Before I go any further, thank you for your service and welcome home. Since I don't drink, I'd be honored to have a cup of expensive coffee with you, as would my Vet buddies.

If it wasn't for a beautiful, blonde, California girl throwing a bag of wet, runny dog crap on me and my uniform as I was waiting for a flight home in San Francisco, I probably wouldn't have stayed in the Army for 24 years. That was when I knew my country didn't want me here, for no other reason than I kept my oath. Being a Paratrooper and being in Viet Nam was the only place I felt comfortable and at home, so I stayed in both places as long as I could.

I never said I approved of, liked, or in any way accepted what the a$$hat was saying or posting, just that he had a right to say it. I still say that. I don't like what he said, I despise him and the individuals that supported him, if there were any. Kind of reminds me of a picture I saw of a KKK rally in Georgia. In the line of LEOs protecting the KKK during their hate speech were several black LEOs. Now, I know they didn't want to be there protecting those guys, but they were doing their job.

As a Native American, I have been singled out for harrassment for most of my 65 years, so it's nothing new to me. I also think that the big difference in our opinions is your still young and angry, and I don't blame you for that, you earned the anger, while I'm old (er) and have had time to mellow. By the way, the anger over being betrayed never really goes away, but it does lessen with time.

The A$$hat has really been successful, he's got a couple of Combat Vets arguing with each other.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews