JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$1000.00 a month payments for a car?!?

I'm glad that I grew up poor... it taught me to save up for something I wanted.

I'm hoping my kids learned from my example.

People are living paycheck to paycheck with mortgages and car loans they can't afford. Their savings have been drained and the credit cards are maxed out.

The end is near.

Hope nobody here got caught up Silicon Valley Bank fiasco.

I just read the email from First Technology Federal Credit Union. That have a good structure and can absorb the changes due to inflation.

Thanks for sharing this. I wasn't aware it happened.

I just read the email from First Technology Federal Credit Union. That have a good structure and can absorb the changes due to inflation.

Thanks for sharing this. I wasn't aware it happened.

It could spread, especially to institutions that were heavily invested in 2022 treasuries and commerical real estate. I doubt any more banks the size of SVB will fail but regional banks, commerical real estate reits, etc, could be at risk.

The way the fed rate hikes were described the other day on CNBC is scary. The host/guest were describing it like cancer that metastasizes. It could be into next year before the rate hikes spread completely and we start feeling the real impacts. Meanwhile the economy will move along like it has been until we realize we have cancer and it has spread to a stage 4 diagnoses. Then the fed/government will step in with the treatment, rate reductions, stimulus, etc. Rinse and repeat. We have been here before and we will be here again.

There should be good buying opportunites for stock pickers who can get in near the bottom.

The picture of the Brinks armored truck parked out front of the SVB bank is a classic "to little, to late" image.

1678546798463.png

Anybody up for a game of high-low on the number of banks/credit unions/financial institutions that also go the route of "It's a Wonderful Life"

3,000 tech companies had accounts with SVB. The average account was over $2 million. Only 250K is covered by insurance. The rest of the money is gone. These companies will not be able to make payroll. Their employees may not be able to pay their bills. Can you say "ripple effects?"

SVB was a commercial bank. Thousands of small to medium sized businesses, mostly tech oriented, will be clobbered. Reportedly, they did not deal in individual accounts.
I would be more worried about investors who might have owned shares of SVB.

"What happens to Silicon Valley Bank investors?
They're wiped out. The asset value of the bank itself is zero, and there's essentially no chance of a government bailout for shareholders"

3,000 tech companies had accounts with SVB. The average account was over $2 million. Only 250K is covered by insurance. The rest of the money is gone. These companies will not be able to make payroll. Their employees may not be able to pay their bills. Can you say "ripple effects?"
Fed steps in to save the day, will cover deposits. There seems to be an unlimited supply of monopoly money.

3 banks fail in a matter of days and market futures are up. Makes sense to me.

The FED has 2 choices, save the banks or save to dollar. which will it be?

Dollar endgame theory continues to play out as exactly as stated.

You guys see that SVB CEO sold a bunch of shares 2 weeks before collapse and the execs all gave themselves bonuses walking out the door? You are going to be paying for those bonuses with inflation when the fed starts dropping rates. When you ask yourself "why are eggs $500 a carton" remember it is because you had to pay for those bonuses.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top