JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last weekend, I got the chance to shoot my new Smith & Wesson M&P Shield in 9mm. I wanted a backup/pocket gun that I could comfortably hold with my bigger hands. I was blessed and fortunate to have a member on here sell me one especially when every store I went to had them on backorder. Upon first handling the Shield, I can tell you that I personally prefer the gun with the larger magazine as it just fits my hand better. I got to know the Shield a little bit as I shot around 150 rounds through it. I went to a range where I set out targets, mainly for my AR, anywhere from 15-100+ yards. With the Shield, I was hitting targets around 20-30 yards with ease. My first shot was an orange clay target at 30 yards and I hit it on the first try. The trigger is a classic M&P trigger and is very smooth. After shooting this gun, I can see why so many people want it. It is extremely accurate, easy to conceal, has a great trigger, and is made by a reputable company in the USA that will back it up if anything ever happens. Other small guns and/or 9mm's i've shot and owned are a Ruger LCP, Ruger SR9C, Spring XD9, XDM9, Glock 19, Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm, Browning Hi-Power, Sig SP2022, Beretta M9.... Overall, I highly recommend the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield.

Last weekend, I got the chance to shoot my new Smith & Wesson M&P Shield in 9mm. I wanted a backup/pocket gun that I could comfortably hold with my bigger hands. I was blessed and fortunate to have a member on here sell me one especially when every store I went to had them on backorder. Upon first handling the Shield, I can tell you that I personally prefer the gun with the larger magazine as it just fits my hand better. I got to know the Shield a little bit as I shot around 150 rounds through it. I went to a range where I set out targets, mainly for my AR, anywhere from 15-100+ yards. With the Shield, I was hitting targets around 20-30 yards with ease. My first shot was an orange clay target at 30 yards and I hit it on the first try. The trigger is a classic M&P trigger and is very smooth. After shooting this gun, I can see why so many people want it. It is extremely accurate, easy to conceal, has a great trigger, and is made by a reputable company in the USA that will back it up if anything ever happens. Other small guns and/or 9mm's i've shot and owned are a Ruger LCP, Ruger SR9C, Spring XD9, XDM9, Glock 19, Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm, Browning Hi-Point, Sig SP2022, Beretta M9.... Overall, I highly recommend the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield.

Couldn't agree with you more.:s0155:

Howdy Jei_A! I was curious now that you have owned it for a few months now, would you still recomend it as a daily carry? Any ftfs or any other issues with it? How many rounds thro it so far? I am thinking of getting one just wanna be sure it will stand the test of time.

Thanks

Been on a waiting list for the Shield 9 for about a month now.

In the meantime I'm lovin' the feedback from the field from those of you that have spent some time with this gun

What makes this gun so accurate?

I'm reading that on a lighweight gun like this, the way the barrel moves it helps to create a counter torque that helps keep the muzzle from kicking up as much.

Also, the barrel is a little lower, more in line with the arm rather than the upper part of the grip

Just wondering? lol

I bought two of the first run Shields back in April and probably ran about 1000 to 1500 rounds through mine and never once did I have an issue with FTF, FTE or light primer strikes. The Shield is the perfect 9mm carry, it's slim, light weight and extremely dependable. I ran all sorts of factory ammo, hallow points and reloads through mine.
Look up the Talon Grips that are stick on rubber, they greatly improve the grip.

I've only put around 400-500 rounds through it total. I am just utterly impressed with this fine piece. I usually don't like to shoot compact guns because my hands are pretty big but the shield is actually very pleasant to shoot. It has a very crisp and smooth trigger and is very accurate. I've shot it and compared it with my XDM 9mm and it is as accurate as my XDM 9mm up until about 50 yards or so. I've shot nothing but cheap ammo through it and its never had any problems. It has fed every thing flawless and is one of my favorite semi auto pistols now.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top