JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I finally bought my first AR-15! Can we say Legos for adults? I think the thing that first attracted me to the rifle was the myriad ways it can be built, customize, and upgraded. I'll be honest, I bought an entry-level rifle, a DPMS Oracle, as I didn't want to drop a ton of money for a firearm that I wasn't entirely sure I was going to love. Anyway, I joined this site to get more involved with the shooting community in the Pacific Northwest, and also to find new places to shoot Outdoors comma legally and safely.

Welcome to the forum! I think you should amend your title to read "I just bought my first AR" It likely will be just that once you have some fun with it.

Welcome! Did you purchase the .223 or .308 version of the Oracle? I have the .308 and I absolutely love it.

If you did get the .308 I'd really recommend Sportsman's Warehouse for Aguila 7.62x51 ammo. At $15 for a 20 round box it's great, inexpensive ammo for sighting and plinking and the least expensive 'quality' ammo I've found in Clark County. (Stay away from Wolf ammo unless you want a lot of practice cleaning your new rifle)

Congrats on the new addition to the family! Hopefully you can stop at one, I definitely couldn't. Spend some time with yours, and get a feel for what you like, then build your next one. There is a huge feeling of accomplishment after building and tuning your own weapon of mass destruction

Congrats for getting the AR. Lots of fun. Relatively cheap to shoot. I would think that you could find a place to shoot in the National Forest north of you. There are some rules for shooting in NF, but the rules aren't too tough to follow.

Hey Twists, I got a couple spots for you to try just NE of us on Larch Mtn. If you haven't been up there to shoot, send me a private conversation and I'll hook you up with a couple good places. It's Yacolt Burn State Forest, managed by WA State Dept of Nat Resouces.

You can also find some map links in the NWFA Community Outreach section and check out the 'Past Events'. (Places we've done cleanups at and are okay to shoot).

Welcome to our organization!

Cogs

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class