JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last year during the IP 43 debacle most of the FFL retailers were publicly silent on opposing IP43. I am hoping this year those who didn't before will break their silence and publicly oppose the long stream of anti-gun legislation that is coming.

NW Armory has broke their silence. I receieved an email from them today alerting us to SB501 with links to the bill. I hope many more retailers will publicly join in the opposition to this tsunami of anti-gun legislation we are facing. There is no doubt SB501 will have a detrimental effect on retailers bottom lines.

I know MK tactical last year brought up information about IP43/44 or at least one of the workers there did which is what alerted me to staying more active around here since I found the legal section so I could monitor and support where needed.

Last year I (or rather one of my legal entities) became FFL licensed and I was most assuredly not silent on the tyrannical dumpster-fire that was IP-43. And I don't plan to be silent on the last barrage of anti-freedom crap. :s0155:

Last year I (or rather one of my legal entities) became FFL licensed and I was most assuredly not silent on the tyrannical dumpster-fire that was IP-43. And I don't plan to be silent on the last barrage of anti-freedom crap. :s0155:
All I can tell you is from my personal experience visiting my local FFL retailers from pawn shops, to large retailers to my favorite local gun shop. None of them publicly raised awareness or publicly took a stand on the IP43 issue. So far this year NW Armory is the only local FFL who has reached out to me and brought attn to SB501. Will more local FFLs do so. I have hope.

All I can tell you is from my personal experience visiting my local FFL retailers from pawn shops, to large retailers to my favorite local gun shop. None of them publicly raised awareness or publicly took a stand on the IP43 issue. So far this year NW Armory is the only local FFL who has reached out to me and brought attn to SB501. Will more local FFLs do so. I have hope.

Here's hoping the rest do, because SB501 is pretty much an H-Bomb to their (and my) businesses, not to mention our Constitutionally-guaranteed right. It is time to give it our all to stop this crap.

It would also be nice to see Sportsman, Cabellas and a few of the others to enter the fight. Dont know what their profit percentage of overall sales from firearms and gear is but my guess is that it might get their attention if we all stopped frequenting them. If it gets to be too much of a pain hunting licenses will even drop more than they already are and with most of their budget coming from licensing my guess would be lay-offs. Would they care... who knows!

This is something that is one of our biggest weaknesses...gun and Sporting good shops interact with gun owners all day, every day...many of whom aren't on forums and unaware. Here in WA, a very large gun shop recently visited was basically oblivious on 1639...they didn't seem to care much at all.

In the PNW, were getting to the point of if you're not part of the solution (doing something), you're part of the problem.

Mute FFLs are a significant part of the problem.

Boss

Last Edited:
Home based FFL here in Forest Grove. I would have to agree that most FFL's are part of the problem. I don't support any of these unconstitutional laws. I also think it's wrong to profit from them. I'm willing to do anything I can to help. PM me for details.

I think part of the reason some do some dont is they don't want to alienate customers or bring left/right debates into their stores when they are trying to sell a product neutrally. Thats one reason I can see some not doing it, but as noted before it kind of blows that an entire business could be made out of the panic and not at least having a sheet out about it.

Up to them really but it would be nice to see more coming out in defense of what 100% of their bill payment money making comes from.

We're waaaayyyyy past worrying about aliening some customers here...in large part, because many were worried about it before.

EVERYONE is needed to get actively, lawfully, opposing this legislation. EVERYONE. IF everyone was like Sporting Systems, we'd be in a much better place right now.

Boss

FFLs with retail store fronts, like Fisherman's, Cabela's, Sportsman's, Kieth's, NW Armory etc stood to reap benefits from 43. Just call these TYPE of store fronts and ask what they charge for a face to face transfer? Either they don't do them, or they charge a reasonable price, OR, they charge $45.00-$60.00. We're always hearing about how little mark-up there is on new guns. I should think a firearm retailer would like a straight $20.00 cash for filling out paperwork and making the clearance call to OSP. It's the ones charging the large fees that have, and will most likely, not lift a finger AGAIN! 43 was a boon to small pawn shops though. With all the extra work for the dealer FFLs in the future, they'll just raise the prices of their guns.

If large and small retail FFL dealers give a care they'd have huge signs in their stores. If they care about law abiding fire arms owners they would be talking about the coming mess to every customer. If they're not? That says they don't care what happens to us.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top