JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi:
I live in Oregon and here is my question.I'm about to trade a rifle for another rifle.Do the ferderal "ATF now the BATFE" trump Oregon state law?.
I'm trading a Mosin Nagant for a 8MM Mauser.The person that I want to trade with is a "collector of curios and relics" holder. My FFL says that I can't just box up the Mosin rifle and just send it to the "C&R" holder.I have read off the batfe site FAQ.See here.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#b1

B1
"A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector."

My Mosin falls under C&R so I read it as I a private party can send the MN to him with no problem.Now the word "Licensee means C&R holder or another
FFL holder?

B7

"A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State."

Again I just want to ship it with no FFL involved it's going to a C&R holder?

MY FFL is charging $35.00 for a transfer I have no problem paying him to do
the transfer from the C&R holder for the Mauser 8MM rifle.The Mauser has a plastic stock and a muzzle brake and the barrel has been cut down
"sportered" and drilled for a scope I believe it's now not a C&R rifle now
my FFl says yes it's not a C&R rifle the seller said that it need to go to a FFl 01 that makes sence.I hope this is not to craxy of a question.Should I look for
another FFL holder?

Thanks
Scott Hannah

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads