JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have talked to LEOs who know the issue with Pot addiction - it is real. But when I asked, was that any worse than drunks - got real quiet in the conversation.

Pot addiction - yeah I remember all those pot heads I admitted for pot withdrawal. They started having seizures then went into a severe confusion and disorientation. we had to put them on "Michael Jackson-killing doses" of propofol which barely kept them sedated so we still had to restrain them by tying all their limbs to the bed. I also remember the long term pot users with liver cirrhosis who had hepatic encephalopathy. Also massively confused and you had to treat it with lactulose, a powerful laxative. So they were restrained in bed, confused to the point of not knowing who they were, having diarrhea every day all over the bed because they could not even get to a bathroom. Then you drill this big hole through their liver just to try and make them slightly less confused.

....Oh wait. that was alcohol withdrawal that causes the withdawal seizures and delirium tremens and cirrhosis requiring Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts, not pot.

Saying pot is addictive is like saying pizza is addictive. Yeah, to a point.

If alcohol was discovered today it would be classified up there with bath salts

It all comes down to the person and their intelligence level and comprehension of life. As a young man who came of age in the 70's, I did my fair share of drug use and drinking. Drinking alcohol to excess made me feel like sh*t and puking was below average. Weed was affordable and finally got better in the late 70's. I always had this thing about making it to work the next day so I got a paycheck and could support myself, and later on my family.

I was the guy too cheap to put $ 2.00 of quarters into a game of PacMan. I could not understand how people could buy a gram of coke for $ 100 on a Friday night and blow the whole thing that night. Well some of the guys shared it with some young ladies who performed amazing things after a line or two. Since I studied the molecular structure of acid in college, I really wanted nothing to do with it. Tried some blow a few times, but the expense was enough to make me realize it was a fools choice. I worked way too hard for my money to spend it on a one night high. If I had a problem, it was with fast cars and keeping tires on them, and my fishing desires that took my money.

Pretty simple choice really. Alcohol in moderation, maybe some weed back in the day and that was the extent of it. It was pretty obvious that excess on any of it was a bad choice and could only lead to problems. I understood that, but a lot of people don't. I have associates who still get drunk on their azzes at 60 years old at least once a month or more. They are also over weight, and some still hit a fair amount of weed. They are playing with their lives and should be smart enough to know better.

But I know PHDs, MD's and other professionals that all fell victim to coke or alcohol. A man has to know his limits.

Pot addiction - yeah I remember all those pot heads I admitted for pot withdrawal.

....Oh wait. that was alcohol withdrawal that causes the withdawal seizures and delirium tremens and cirrhosis requiring Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts, not pot.

Saying pot is addictive is like saying pizza is addictive. Yeah, to a point.

If alcohol was discovered today it would be classified up there with bath salts

In 8 years as an EMT I ran thousands of run on alcohol related calls, from overdoses, to fatal MVA's, to countless domestic violence cases where drunks beat the sh*t out of their significant others or kids. I ran into some pretty stoned people now and then, but never was there one case where pot was the primary cause for the call.

In 8 years as an EMT I ran thousands of run on alcohol related calls, from overdoses, to fatal MVA's, to countless domestic violence cases where drunks beat the sh*t out of their significant others or kids. I ran into some pretty stoned people now and then, but never was there one case where pot was the primary cause for the call.

My ONLY case in 20 years where I had to tell a patient to stop smoking pot because of a significant health concern was the one who had bad asthma and was smoking some nasty moldy pot that caused allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. (mold growing on the pot causing severe asthma like symptoms)

and even then it really wasnt the pot's fault, it was her just being so damn stupid to smoke something with mold growing on it.

$75,560: The Cost Of Housing A Prisoner For One Year In California | Zero Hedge

This is what I am against. Spending $75K a year tax payer money to lock up a drug user VS spending $15K a year to have them in treatment which might actually benefit taxpayers and society. California is high but the cost even in places like Idaho is still over $60K a year per inmate.

120K prisoners in Cali, 80% of which are drug related crimes.... Cost to house drug criminals in Cali alone almost 7 billion dollars.

This is the burden on taxpayers that is killing us and it does nothing to stem the problem.

Take the money out of drugs and the crime will go away as a natural consequence, There are going to be junkies either way. Better we control the junkies and the supply than the cartels and gangs.

$75,560: The Cost Of Housing A Prisoner For One Year In California | Zero Hedge

This is what I am against. Spending $75K a year tax payer money to lock up a drug user VS spending $15K a year to have them in treatment which might actually benefit taxpayers and society. California is high but the cost even in places like Idaho is still over $60K a year per inmate.

120K prisoners in Cali, 80% of which are drug related crimes.... Cost to house drug criminals in Cali alone almost 7 billion dollars.

This is the burden on taxpayers that is killing us and it does nothing to stem the problem.

Take the money out of drugs and the crime will go away as a natural consequence, There are going to be junkies either way. Better we control the junkies and the supply than the cartels and gangs.

There's no reason whatsoever it NEEDS to cost that much, other than some namby pamby feel good programs & systems that defeat the purpose of prisons as punishment for crime. Whatever that crime may have been.

Cheese sandwiches, and maybe 1 hot meal. Per week.

My experiences with pot include stoner co-workers.
The drunk would wonder if the bandsaw was running and touch it.
The stoner would just stare.

Drunks tend towards anger,
Stoners to in-attention.

Excuse the non-scientific stuff here, before that Republican President declared the War on Drugs (thank you Tricky ! )
Pot was about like beer in effect - you got high
40 years on - closing in on Everclear (almost pure alcohol ) When you risk jail, and felony charges, you start demanding big highs for your bucks.
Now, we hear of dude blowing up their houses or shops - as they try to convert pot to even more potent drugs.

The War on Drugs was a complete and total c0ck-up.

Maybe it's too late.

Now pass the Jack, damn-it I am at work. ...

18920481_661041464101892_9011925584605581508_n.jpg

I understand the effects of prohibition, but there has to be a mechanism to deal with drugs and the most accepted method is incarceration. Will that change? I think it is. But I would legalize a lot more things before I legalized drugs.

If you legalized all assault up to hospitalization, people would get polite.

I would agree with legalization if a mandatory 10 year enhancement existed if a person commits a crime under the influence or if the crime can be tied with drug transactions. Sure, kill yourself all you want up until it hurts someone else.

I understand the effects of prohibition, but there has to be a mechanism to deal with drugs and the most accepted method is incarceration. Will that change? I think it is. But I would legalize a lot more things before I legalized drugs.

If you legalized all assault up to hospitalization, people would get polite.

I would agree with legalization if a mandatory 10 year enhancement existed if a person commits a crime under the influence or if the crime can be tied with drug transactions. Sure, kill yourself all you want up until it hurts someone else.

Id support that. There has to be a line, hurting someone else, taking or damaging their property is across it.

That's probably the best solution, but as long as you have a correctional industry I doubt we will change directions any time soon.
Yep, the LE/Corrections/Judicial industry has too much political clout and stands to lose too much taxpayer revenue if American society simply pulled it's head out of it's tail and legalized.

These corrupt policies are the direct result of greed all the way up to the top. Prohibition, just like in the early 1900s, is their bread and butter served up on a huge taxpayer gravy train.

Legalizing is not the solution nor is what we are currently doing as a nation.
Looking back about a century and a half or so, it would seem that criminalizing was kind of like fixing something that wasn't broken. Legal, as evidenced from the past couldn't possibly be anywhere near worse than what criminalizing, prohibition, or in plain simple terms, making it illegal has down to this nation.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top