JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm all for releasing hot shot drugs. One hit and your dead. Thin the heard a bit.

People are told from some of these drugs it can/will kill you. One hit and your dead.
People still line up to do it.

I have to agree it's hard to feel any sympathy for the dopers who OD. The drug is a godsent for cancer patients. Of course in no time people learned to how to make it illegally. Lot of it comes from China. To the morons who die? Thin the herd sounds good to me too. I get tired of supporting these people as they say they "can't" hold a job so they need me to support them.

Want to get really freaked out, look up Carfentanil (Carfentanyl). Mounties caught 1 KG coming into Canada, which happens to be more than enough to OD the entire population of Canada. Some of these drug will cause you to OD, by simply wiping them off your shirt.

I that think all drugs should be legal, including this one. Not only legal but dirt cheap. The cost to deal with the couple percent of the population that have addiction problems is a fraction of that currently spent locking them up and the crime associated with having to come up with large amounts to feed an addiction. Addiction is a medical issue, not a criminal one. If we legalized drugs across the board and made them cheap and easy to obtain crime in the US would drop by half overnight.

Are there problems with legal drugs? Of course. They are tiny however compared to the problems created by black market drugs, profits and the mass incarceration caused by the "War on drugs"

Something like 80% of all people in prisons are there for crime directly tied to drugs and it does nothing to address addiction.

And for the record I was a drug addict, I have 18 years clean and sober and spent 3 years working in the addiction field. I have seen and experienced first hand the destruction caused by addiction, I have seen doctors, business men,school principals, nurses, pro ball players, house wives, grandma's and even one billionaire come through the treatment center door. Addiction is a mental disorder brought about by a chemical stimulus. Not a weak person or a criminal but one with defective brain chemistry who's only hope of recovery is learn to live with the disease.

Apparently many of you guys have never had to deal with a family member or close friend who was a drug addict or alcoholic. You are very lucky.

For everyone else who has had a mother, father, brother, sister or close friend who ended up on the street, in prison or dead... who was a good person and just needed help... it's a different story.

It doesn't bode well for communities like mine where fairly large percentages of its citizens seem hellbent on getting hooked on something. Meth and heroin have helped Aberdeen go from fixable bubblegumhole to a complete wasteland of tweekers and heroin addicted zombies. Fentanyl would be the true death punch for Aberdeen and Grays Harbor County - there is just no way they have the resources to deal with a problem like that.

Just the fact that those addicted to Fentanyl have to use every couple of hours - which guarantees more property crimes. Meth and heroin addicts can barely function as is, but can you imagine all these addicts already jonesing three hours later?

I that think all drugs should be legal, including this one. Not only legal but dirt cheap. The cost to deal with the couple percent of the population that have addiction problems is a fraction of that currently spent locking them up and the crime associated with having to come up with large amounts to feed an addiction. Addiction is a medical issue, not a criminal one. If we legalized drugs across the board and made them cheap and easy to obtain crime in the US would drop by half overnight.

Are there problems with legal drugs? Of course. They are tiny however compared to the problems created by black market drugs, profits and the mass incarceration caused by the "War on drugs"

Something like 80% of all people in prisons are there for crime directly tied to drugs and it does nothing to address addiction.

And for the record I was a drug addict, I have 18 years clean and sober and spent 3 years working in the addiction field. I have seen and experienced first hand the destruction caused by addiction, I have seen doctors, business men,school principals, nurses, pro ball players, house wives, grandma's and even one billionaire come through the treatment center door. Addiction is a mental disorder brought about by a chemical stimulus. Not a weak person or a criminal but one with defective brain chemistry who's only hope of recovery is learn to live with the disease.

Apparently many of you guys have never had to deal with a family member or close friend who was a drug addict or alcoholic. You are very lucky.

For everyone else who has had a mother, father, brother, sister or close friend who ended up on the street, in prison or dead... who was a good person and just needed help... it's a different story.

That's probably the best solution, but as long as you have a correctional industry I doubt we will change directions any time soon.

WE SHOULD BAN PRESCRIPTION DRUGS!!

even if we ban drugs then drug users will be the only ones that have them...

sounds familiar doesnt it?

:rolleyes:

fentanyl is what prince had in his postmortem tox screen IIRC

I disagree. It seems like more and more people think decriminalization of drugs is the answer. We are dissolving our moral fiber every time we decide to decriminalize something. That doesn't solve the problem, it just means we are turning a blind eye to it. One example is property crime in WA. People thought it wasn't a reason to incarverate people. We now have the worst property crime rate in the US, we just aren't doing anything about it.

Addicts become less and less functional and then become desparate. Starts out with people using expensive prescription drugs and then going to cheaper crap as they run out of money. Then, when they are totally out of money, they fund their habit by stealing your stuff and soaking money from family and friends.

If we decriminalize, we need to also ban Narcan and quit responding to ODs. There has to be SOME consequence.

Do we have high incarceration rates in the US? Yes. Its because we have the freedom to screw up more and a society that doesn't believe in heavy punishment. Prison is an occupational hazard in the US. Prisney Land with TVs, cable, commissary, conjugal visits, all sorts of goodies.

I disagree. It seems like more and more people think decriminalization of drugs is the answer. We are dissolving our moral fiber every time we decide to decriminalize something. That doesn't solve the problem, it just means we are turning a blind eye to it. One example is property crime in WA. People thought it wasn't a reason to incarverate people. We now have the worst property crime rate in the US, we just aren't doing anything about it.

Addicts become less and less functional and then become desparate. Starts out with people using expensive prescription drugs and then going to cheaper crap as they run out of money. Then, when they are totally out of money, they fund their habit by stealing your stuff and soaking money from family and friends.

If we decriminalize, we need to also ban Narcan and quit responding to ODs. There has to be SOME consequence.

Do we have high incarceration rates in the US? Yes. Its because we have the freedom to screw up more and a society that doesn't believe in heavy punishment. Prison is an occupational hazard in the US. Prisney Land with TVs, cable, commissary, conjugal visits, all sorts of goodies.

Real world results for countries that have decriminalized prove the opposite.

We have 25 percent of the worlds prisoners and 5 percent of the world population. Land of the free?

It's not the governments job to protect you from yourself and when it tries to it's always worse than the problem they are trying to solve

You can have your drug using utopia of cheap and legal drugs.

But, don't expect me to pay for your choice. Whatever the wake of destruction that you leave. In other words, if you choose to use drugs.....well, I ain't paying (through my taxes) for........

Your welfare, food stamps, housing, treatment/recovery, health care insurance, etc..., etc..... etc...... Nor, will I be responsible for your family's expenses. If you should die. Oh well. And BTW, don't expect me to bury your a$$. Nor, pay for your survivors to live at Govt expense.

Freedom Baby!

But, I don't see any of it happening soon. So sorry.......but, I doubt that I could endorse your plans for a drug using utopia. At least not until I get my freedom too.

Aloha, Mark

Real world results for countries that have decriminalized prove the opposite.

We have 25 percent of the worlds prisoners and 5 percent of the world population. Land of the free?

It's not the governments job to protect you from yourself and when it tries to it's always worse than the problem they are trying to solve

We are the land of the free as long as you respect the rights if others. Yeah, we can't skew our incarceration numbers because of rights and freedoms. We can't get "creative" like other countries.

As far as numbers from other countries, they may not lock up as many people but their state of normal is far more restricted.

Youre right, its not the governments job to protect you from yourself. Its the governments job to protect others from you (meant figuratively).

Last Edited:

But, don't expect me to pay for your choice. Whatever the wake of destruction that you leave. In other words, if you choose to use drugs.....well, I ain't paying (through my taxes) for........

Your welfare, food stamps, housing, treatment/recovery, health care insurance, etc..., etc..... etc...... Nor, will I be responsible for your family's expenses. If you should die. Oh well. And BTW, don't expect me to bury your a$$. Nor, pay for your survivors to live at Govt expense.

Freedom Baby!

But, I don't see any of it happening soon. So sorry.......but, I
We are the land of the free as long as you respect the rights if others. Yeah, we can't skew our incarceration numbers because of rights and freedoms. We can't get "creative" like other countries.

As far as numbers from other countries, they may not lock up as many people but their state of normal is far more restricted.

Youre right, its not the governments job to protect you from yourself. Its the governments job to protect others from you.

Protect them from me? I am a business owner that employees half a dozen people, owns two houses and is a volunteer fireman and member of the Chamber of commerce I a also hold carry cards in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. I dont think I am much of a concern.

Your response is typical of people who don't know anything about addiction and its understandable. When you see all the crime and destruction caused the logical response is "we have to do something, lock the bastards up" The issue is the crime is a direct result of prohibition, prohibition does not work.

Last Edited:

Freedom Baby!

But, I don't see any of it happening soon. So sorry.......but, I doubt that I could endorse your plans for a drug using utopia. At least not until I get my freedom too.

Aloha, Mark

I think you are quite confused. The tax burden you pay to enforce drug law and house prisoners is easily 10 times the cost of treating addiction as a medical condition.

Protect them from me? I am a business owner that employees half a dozen people, owns two houses and is a volunteer fireman and member of the Chamber of commerce I dont think I am much of a concern.

Your response is typical of people who don't know anything about addiction and its understandable. When you see all the crime and destruction caused the logical response is "we have to do something" The issue is the crime is a direct result of prohibition, prohibition does not work.

I didnt mean you as in you, worded that kind of funny, sorry about that.

And I do know plenty about addiction. I have to deal with mothers who report their addicted children and then get angry when I arrest their angel. I deal with victims of someone's bender-induced assault or worse. I go on raids that result in the seizure of all sorts of drugs, drug money, etc. I see the dead bodies after drug deals gone bad.

I think you are quite confused. The tax burden you pay to enforce drug law and house prisoners is easily 10 times the cost of treating addiction as a medical condition.

Another reason I believe that it should be treated as a crime is the documentation. Someone's kid who does things right shouldn't be held on an equal plane with someone else's kid who is a junky or tweeker when it comes to jobs, scholarships, etc. Being a junky or tweeker and getting caught should hurt.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top