JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for (or considering starting) a group of women that mentor other women in firearms related education. I feel like fear is keeping women from educating themselves and enjoying the world of firearms and I'd love to dispel that fear. I also would love to learn from more veteran women in this field. Is there already a group like this that exists in the SW Washington area? Is anyone interested in creating one with me?

To the men who might feel excluded: I truly value your experience and options and hope to draw on them too, but there is something special about women talking and learning about guns with other women.

Thanks,

Lia

Hi Dunerunner,

That is exactly where I started! I have already scoured the NRA Women's site and have come up with nothing. But I have not yet looked at their forum, because I wanted to try here first.

The Liberal Gun Club has many women members, not just a few who reside in Oregon and Washington. Some are quite expert in reloading and gunsmithing, and more than one that I know of that have more than just a little experience with military weaponry.

Julie, who one would find behind the counter over at The Place to Shoot, is well qualified in the world of firearms and is very happy to share the benefit of her experience. I would also hazard the guess that she is acquainted with many other women in the area who share your interest.

There are the LadySeed events that are part of the Appleseed Project.

<broken link removed>

Unfortunately, the closest one to us will be in Idaho in October.

If you do decide to start something here I'd be happy to help, just let me know and we can discuss the options.

Joe, if you are asking if I want to start a "For The Ladies" topic area on this site, the answer is Yes. Tell me more.

If you are saying that you would help get the word out in the case that I organized a group, then thank you and hold that thought for a bit. I haven't gotten a lot of bites, but that doesn't mean the desire has been doused in me just yet. ;)

Kimber, thank you. I had no idea Lebam, WA even existed! I will check that out.

-- LIA

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads