JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Senator introducing bill to ban bump stocks after Vegas shooting
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, a longtime advocate of stricter gun control measures, introduced a bill Wednesday that would ban the sale and possession of bump-stock equipment and other devices that essentially turn a semiautomatic weapon into an automatic one.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) told reporters Tuesday that multiple bump stocks were found in the hotel room used by the shooter, who opened fire during the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival on Sunday, killing 58 people and injuring over 500 others.

According to a copy of the bill text provided to ABC, it would go into effect 180 days after its passage.

"It shall be unlawful for any person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a trigger crank, a bump-fire device or any part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machine gun," the bill states.

The ban would not apply to sales or possession of the devices by U.S. agencies or departments.

Feinstein, who in 2013 authored an assault weapons ban bill, which failed 40-60 in the Senate, currently has 24 co-sponsors of the bill, all Democrats.

Republican leaders have pushed back on Democrats' calls for tightening gun control legislation after the shooting, calling the demands premature.

"I think it's particularly inappropriate to politicize an event like this," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said Tuesday. "The investigation's not even been completed. And I think it's premature to be discussing legislative solutions if there are any."

"In the meantime, our priority is on tax reform, as my colleagues have indicated," McConnell added.
Bill Text:

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...71B98A52.automatic-gunfire-prevention-act.pdf

Realistically, nobody needs to have that much fun. Plus, it will save people hundreds on their ammo bill. I had one on an Ar10 once; huge mistake. My wallet still feels the pain from that momentary lapse in good judgement. Hopefully this bill will save others from that misery.

84 years old. in what other profession do we tolerate 84 year olds making decisions that effect so many people? I wonder if Californian's go over to great grandma's place and have her do their taxes? I would not want her even driving let alone making decisions for all of us.

edit: already dubbed the automatic rifle loophole.....:rolleyes:

She never had an original idea. She just waits to she how other people enjoy themselves then tries to ban it.

I am in San Diego right now. Freaking beautiful place but can't wait to get home.

PS. The Mexican food is awesome.

Last Edited:
She never had an ori5idea. She just waits to she how other people enjoy themselves then tries to ban it.

I am in San Diego right now. Freaking beautiful place but can't wait to get home.

I escaped CA in 2002. I do miss the Mexican food though.

Are they also banning belt loops and thumbs???

Stop giving them ideas!! :p

Proposed PoS legislation said:
It shall be unlawful for any person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a trigger crank, a bump-fire device or any part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machine gun.

Yay, another bill from old Swiney trying to confiscate citizens personal property..............

Pretty much par for the course from this Bubblegum.

28eeb102eb41f1526d91a7498c48a863.jpg
diane_frankenstein_wicked_witch_of_the_west_copy_by_jbeverlygreene-d63t1q2.jpg
feinstein_zombie-500x479.jpg

Ray

Last Edited:
Interesting.

When Feinstein was born the average cost of a house was $5700 and gas cost a dime a gallon
Alcatraz was opened.
The Great Depression and the Dust bowl was in full swing
The chocolate chip cookie was invented.
The drive in movie theater was invented.
They still had several amendments to add to the constitution
Hoover was president.

With all her experience, she is perfect for making decisions in the the digital modern age.

I wonder how far into dementia will the voters keep her in office? I suspect she will be dead and they will still be voting for her.

The bill only mentions semiauto rifles. So semiauto pistols can have crank devices and fast triggers?

They don't even understand what they are trying to regulate.

If she introduced a NEW BILL on Wednesday does that strongly and logically imply that the bill was written long before the Las Vegas shootings? And by ALL sound logic would THAT imply that she and her staff have and are routinely committing high crimes against the US Constitution? "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"! Why isn't even just the introduction of her bill more than enough to send her to Federal Prison for the rest of her sad life? Indict. Prosecute. Convict. Incarcerate.

So many questions. So few logical answers. Why does Treason Prosper? Because none dare call it Treason.

If she introduced a NEW BILL on Wednesday does that strongly and logically imply that the bill was written long before the Las Vegas shootings? And by ALL sound logic would THAT imply that she and her staff have and are routinely committing high crimes against the US Constitution? "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"! Why isn't even just the introduction of her bill more than enough to send her to Federal Prison for the rest of her sad life? Indict. Prosecute. Convict. Incarcerate.

So many questions. So few logical answers. Why does Treason Prosper? Because none dare call it Treason.

She has a stack of bills already written. They are just fill in the blank for what she wants banned. I'm sure her interns have folders of word templates and could whip out a ban bill in 15 minutes.

She never had an original idea. She just waits to she how other people enjoy themselves then tries to ban it.

I escaped in 1980. Miss the beach, the diving, and the mex food. Oh and the strip clubs. o_O

Try the machaca burritos at the little place on the corner next to the 5 near the airport. :)

Interesting.

When Feinstein was born the average cost of a house was $5700 and gas cost a dime a gallon
Alcatraz was opened.
The Great Depression and the Dust bowl was in full swing
The chocolate chip cookie was invented.
The drive in movie theater was invented.
They still had several amendments to add to the constitution.

The Blob was scaring people from going to walk-in theatres??

I wonder how much farther into dementia will the voters keep her in office?
FIFY:):)

I thought it was hammer loops on work jeans because it allowed us to carry deadly weapons of mass destruction!
Hammers are weapons of mass construction!!

The Blob was scaring people from going to walk-in theatres??
No, I think she was still too young to be outside alone.
Come to think of it, now she is too old to be out alone!!

Lordy, they do have a history of re-electing dinosaurs don't they? I think Peelosi has moved thru the years from Raptor to Pterodactyl. Maybe ()guanodon.

If her horrible bills are in fact "plug and play", do her numerous and very non bright interns understand and perhaps consider the pesky fact that they are committing conspiracy to commit high treason?

Conspiring to overthrow the US Constitution by illegal means? The only way at this level can they change the law under the US Constitution is to Amend it. Statute laws do not cut it. Scary but there you have it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top