JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
For sale: Old school, well made European (not Chinese or Brazilian) 12 gauge SxS shotgun 28 inch barrels by FEG made in 1961. This is a very interesting, rare gun that you will enjoy taking hunting. The barrel lockup is tight. Price is firm at $300, you pay the fee.

DSC_6110.JPG

DSC_6108.JPG

DSC_6107.JPG

DSC_6105.JPG

By "no bullet" they mean no slugs

See link for the history of this gun and markings:

Hungarian Weapons Femaru Frommer 29M Shotguns

Last Edited:
Nice!!!

I typically like engraving... but the bluing on that piece is soooo pretty!

I don't see how you can give it up. If I was in the market, as a collector or as a hunter, I would sure go for your deal!

Nice!!!

I typically like engraving... but the bluing on that piece is soooo pretty!

I don't see how you can give it up. If I was in the market, as a collector or as a hunter, I would sure go for your deal!

I wasn't trying to gauge anyone, I got it for a fair deal and I am passing it on for what I paid for it. For the longest time these were impossible to find. I bought 2 recently and since they are very similar in condition I am only keeping one.

Just because it's affordable it doesn't mean that it's cheaply made. This gun is made as well as other European side by sides starting at $1k.

Yes I understand.

I would love to own it just to own it. Even tho I can't shoot for crap with a SxS, I do appreciate the clean lines.

My H.S. buddy inherited a fine LC Smith 20ga double. He also had an old old Parker... his dad just liked doubles I guess.

Read your link about the shotgun, saw that the barrels are either modified or full choke. Can you tell me which, or if it has one of each?

Read your link about the shotgun, saw that the barrels are either modified or full choke. Can you tell me which, or if it has one of each?

On this photo the 18.1 and 17.6 mean the choke diameters in millimeters. The 17.6 barrel will not pass a dime, 18.1 will. One barrel has full the other one modified choke.

DSC_6105.JPG

Last Edited:
Yes I understand.

I would love to own it just to own it. Even tho I can't shoot for crap with a SxS, I do appreciate the clean lines.

My H.S. buddy inherited a fine LC Smith 20ga double. He also had an old old Parker... his dad just liked doubles I guess.

I like these guns for their history. They were made when everything was built to last. The Engineer who designed this gun has list of interesting firearms and many inventions to his credit. Not bad for someone who started his carrier in finance and never had formal education in mechanical engineering.

I didn't either, maybe my price is too low :)

There is a sales theory about that. I remember when I started a professional service business... the guidance from my mentor was to price my service higher to impress buyers. I'm glad your price is where it is at tho... if I could swing it, I would! Good luck on your prospects Joe13!!!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.