JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It is amazing how technology has changed the food industry. Thieve videos always amaze me. Bringing everything to the normal joe that he may have never able to or have learned how to make otherwise.

It is amazing how technology has changed the food industry. Thieve videos always amaze me. Bringing everything to the normal joe that he may have never able to or have learned how to make otherwise.

Yes it is amazing....But on the other side of the coin, look what happened when 11 people in 32 states got sick, presumably, from romaine lettuce? ALL lettuce but iceberg was gone from the shelves of the entire USA. ALL bagged lettuce was gone from every shelf in The USA. The iceberg lettuce price jumped to near $3.00 a head. Currently iceberg has come down but red/green/romaine heads are near $3.00 a head.

When I look at bustling super markets, and huge trucks coming and going hourly on the roads and into grocery stores back lots it makes me think that it sure wouldn't take much to shut all that down and start a MAJOR panic. At this point in grocery store there's quite a few people that just come in and shop normally, except they don't pay. They just walk out the door. And for the most part the stores just let them. And of course increase prices to cover the loss. Imaging what these pieces of crap would do, will do(?), when/if shortages happen?

All this great technology ain't going to do one damn thing for us if the food supply gets messed with!

Last Edited:
^^^An on a related note, I work in healthcare administration, and at various times in my career, emergency and disaster planning has come under my oversight. Just-in-time delivery has saved everyone oodles of money, but when the earthquake/volcano/tornado/hurricane comes and the trucks stop delivering, you soon find out just how thin your inventory is and how quickly we will run out of things.

Impressive technology. Kept looking to see if they would make something I wanted to eat. Probably the fish, maybe the pasta; but none of that other stuff.

Had triple bypass in July. Lots of stuff is off the plate, though I sneak a bit now and then. Love the taste of bacon but have always hated the fat. When the tomatoes in the garden come on, I pay extra to get thick sliced bacon from the butcher, trimmed lean. BLT's mmm.

Technology, has brought us so far, that its loss would throw us back to the stone age, and with Liberals working to destroy the
Boy Scouts as they now are filing Bankruptcy, our youth will lose 99% of training. So when that disaster happens, China can just walk in unarmed and take this country without having fired a shot. This could easily happen in 60 years or less at the rate we are going.

Another thing I've thought about while shopping. Go into a store like Winco...(I love Winco. Ever since the store director treated me like dirt at my close Albertway's store, I've saved a bunch!) Look around the store and see how much shelf space is prepared foods compared to fresh foods. The whole damned world is eating pre-prepared food filled with salt and other ingredients that may not be so good for the human body in the long run.

Last Edited:
The whole damned world is eating pre-prepared food filled with salt and other ingredients that may not be so good for the humane body in the long r

Maybe not the whole but the poor and uneducated certainly are - myself being one of them up until early this year (I got educated, but I'm still poor:p).

My grocery bill actually went down and I'm eating 100% whole foods cooked at home (minus the plant protein powder I buy).

It's only within the last couple of centuries that that has taken place too.

My wife calls processed foods, "food product"

Food is what comes from the earth via the ground or animal.

Maybe not the whole but the poor and uneducated certainly are - myself being one of them up until early this year (I got educated, but I'm still poor:p).

My grocery bill actually went down and I'm eating 100% whole foods cooked at home (minus the plant protein powder I buy).

That's what I've been doing for many years.

I love fat and carbs...Potatoes, sandwiches. That piece of 1/4-3/8" on the edge of a pork steak/beef steak, cooked a little crisp! Oh yeah. Chicken skin. I have a problem with boneless/skinless chicken breast. IF I cook those their either made into chicken fingers, deep fried with Panko, with home made jo-jo's. OR, bacon wrapped w/without cheese stuffed, and done in a fry pan. Or flattened, breaded on a sandwich.

We do have the process stuff from time to time. Frozen lasagna/pot pies/other frozen. It's not terrible but the left overs don't necessarily get eaten. When I do walk the frozen aisle at Winco I look at all that stuff and just KNOW how crappy it is compared to home made. Spendy too considering the contents once you see them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top