JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SEATTLE (AP) -- Federal agents have arrested a Canadian gun dealer who they say entered the U.S. as a visitor, then picked up weapons in Oregon.

Oliver King -- also known as Hamid Malekpour -- was arrested Wednesday in Ferndale, near the Canadian border. Agents say he entered the U.S. at Blaine the previous night, lied about why he had a new passport and lied when he said he was going to pick up his wife at a Bellingham mall.

They tailed him to McMinnville, Ore., where he went to a gun shop and loaded his car with four guns and 480 rounds of .50-caliber ammunition. Agents say he then drove north to a Ferndale storage unit where he had $30,000 worth of sniper rifles, handguns and ammo.

King made an initial appearance Thursday at U.S. District Court in Seattle on charges of making false statements and being an alien in possession of firearms.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2010/may/20/feds-arrest-canadian-gun-dealer-in-us/

They tailed him to McMinnville, Ore., where he went to a gun shop and loaded his car with four guns and 480 rounds of .50-caliber ammunition. Agents say he then drove north to a Ferndale storage unit where he had $30,000 worth of sniper rifles, handguns and ammo.

I guess it wouldn't be PC for the MSM to point out that the bubblegum is a bubblegumming Muslim, would it?

But that's OK. MOST Muslims are really good guys, so they tell me.

I'm sure he meant no harm.

I'm sure he meant no harm too Gunner,...

And I am also sure the PC crowd is going to say the only reason they tailed him was because they used "racial profiling" as grounds to suspect him :rolleyes:

Here is some interesting bits of information.

"The Iranian native also lied about why he had a new Canadian passport just issued that morning, the complaint said. He told border guards that his old one had gone through the wash, but agents found it during a secondary inspection - with no water damage.
The old one, which was not set to expire until 2013, had been canceled, but it was not immediately clear why. It had three visas for Iran, two issued last year and one issued this year."

<broken link removed>

Here is some interesting bits of information.

"The Iranian native also lied about why he had a new Canadian passport just issued that morning, the complaint said. He told border guards that his old one had gone through the wash, but agents found it during a secondary inspection - with no water damage.
The old one, which was not set to expire until 2013, had been canceled, but it was not immediately clear why. It had three visas for Iran, two issued last year and one issued this year."

<broken link removed>

"Amir Zarandi, who owns the Oregon gun shop, McMinnville Hunting and Police Supplies, said King is a consultant and has bought weapons there for years."

Amir Zarandi. Hmm. Sounds Scottish Catholic to me.

"Amir Zarandi, who owns the Oregon gun shop, McMinnville Hunting and Police Supplies, said King is a consultant and has bought weapons there for years."

Amir Zarandi. Hmm. Sounds Scottish Catholic to me.

I'm sure he and Hamid Malekpour had no prior associations, just in the wrong place at the wrong time ;)

How was a Canadian able to buy gun's at a Gun store and pass a background check?

Yeah, that! I really hope that the shop that sold him the guns is being thoroughly investigated as well. Although personally I would have kept the arrest of the canadian under wraps and put the gun shop under surveilance to see how many other aliens purchase guns there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top