JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Take them all, including their nuts!
Don't get me started..... :s0140:

I think mandatory mental health testing, scrutiny of financial security, securing a bond a comprehensive BGC nd license to procreate would do the world a whole lotta good! Violators will be-nutzed.🤪

As is so frequently pointed out on this and every other gun forum:

2A says "shall not be infringed". Which is pretty absolute sounding.

5A says "unreasonable". Which is pretty subjective.

Just saying...
It also says in the constitution, "nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law".

It the process of law that takes a persons freedom and right to property (firearms). The 2A does not stand wholly and apart on it's own.

Just sayin....

Were going down a pointless rabbit hole.
Everyone knows that rights can be taken away. With enough "probable cause" a court can issue a search warrant, a person can be detained against their will. Upon conviction a person is denied their right to move freely, or including the right to live. The 9th Amendment enumerates all other rights that are regularly taken away by the govt.

Weve discussed the historical precidence of taking away guns from bad guys so it stands.

yes, to clarify a historical precedence of removal of ones rights to certain individuals.
It's true that the 2A itself does not address the concept of denying felons the right to bear arms. In colonial and revolutionary times, the terms "virtuous" and "unvirtuous" were used, rather than felon. In those times, it was generally ruled that the unvirtuous were to be denied the right to bear arms. In successive courts and generations, it is these precedents that have been referred to.

But not only an inanimate object; it is about the innate right of a person to self-defense. even a convicted felon has the right to self-defense, and the courts have recognized that.
the way I understand it is you dont have a right to self defense, self defense is a legal privilege.

Whats a natural right?
Innate inherent rights.

Natural rights are those that are not dependent on the laws or customs of any particular culture or government, and so are universal, fundamental and inalienable (they cannot be repealed by human laws, though one can forfeit their enjoyment through one's actions, such as by violating someone else's rights).

how is that natural when it can be taken away?

IIRC there are countries which do not have freedom of speech.
Natural rights are really not divine rights so much as they were deemed and agreed as "god given" by the founding fathers... is my take... in a nutshell. A template or foundation... if you will.

You're absolutely correct. Countries and ethnic groups founded under different value systems may not recognize those same rights granted to all people by whatever divinity they might worship.

Not that I want to detract this conversation into a religious thread... just stating the origins.

Innate inherent rights.

Natural rights are those that are not dependent on the laws or customs of any particular culture or government, and so are universal, fundamental and inalienable (they cannot be repealed by human laws, though one can forfeit their enjoyment through one's actions, such as by violating someone else's rights).
Whats an example of a natural right?

But remembering... that definition is crafted through the lens of those holding similiar beliefs and common perspective of the world as we know it.

Who is to say those natural rights are "universal" if they are not universally accepted as truth by all peoples. It's kind of like saying there is only one true God... and it's "mine". ;)

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top