JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The latest figures from the FBI show that July 2016 was the 15th consecutive month of record background checks for gun sales.

The previous July record was set in 2015, when there were 1,600,832 background checks. But the <broken link removed> that July 2016 there were 2,197,169–an increase of nearly 600,000 checks.

The record breaking trend began in May 2015, when 1,580,980 checks set the record for the highest number of background checks performed in any May on record. Breitbart News reported that the record breaking pace then continued month after month, with June 2015 setting the record for the highest June on record, July 2015 for the highest July, August for the highest August, and so forth.

FBI: July Was 15th Straight Month Of Record Background Checks - Breitbart

I'd be interested to know how many of those were repeat buyers, and how many were first timers. Hopefully a lot of first timers.

I'd guess probably 80/20 repeats to first timers? At least I hope so, I fear it might be even lower.
Surveys are showing that individual or household gun ownership is trending downwards and hit a 40 year low in 2014.
http://www.norc.org/PDFs/GSS Reports/GSS_Trends in Gun Ownership_US_1972-2014.pdf

Does anyone have other data to show national gun ownership statistics?

I predict, if Hillary should happen to win, that the 15th straight month record, will be blown away into a 4-year+ record of gun sales. If she wins, she will manage to continue Obama's great tradition as gun seller in chief. Perhaps that's a good thing as it will only make any attempt by them to ban guns/gun ownership that much harder. Last I heard, we jumped from 300,000,000 guns around 2008 to close to 400,000,000 guns, just during Obama's terms in office. I guess our next goal is 500,000,000. How the hell could they ever stop/get that many guns?

I predict, if Hillary should happen to win, that the 15th straight month record, will be blown away into a 4-year+ record of gun sales. If she wins, she will manage to continue Obama's great tradition as gun seller in chief. Perhaps that's a good thing as it will only make any attempt by them to ban guns/gun ownership that much harder. Last I heard, we jumped from 300,000,000 guns around 2008 to close to 400,000,000 guns, just during Obama's terms in office. I guess our next goal is 500,000,000. How the hell could they ever stop/get that many guns?

If elected I predict she'll double Obama's record. An incredible number for sure.

Great news! But of course, the best way for them to counter this is to dry up the supply of ammo and components. If elected, she'd load SCOTUS with liberals and enact executive orders that would take a long time to counter. Heck, I'd probably be one of the leaders in the buying frenzy that would create.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top