JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree. The hollowpoint in a .32 ACP is not a good bet. This is why I prefer leaning on the Underwood Lehigh Extreme Cavitator ammunition. It penetrates yet doesn't rely on expansion to create hydrostatic shock.

The solid copper (lighter) construction of the Lehigh bullets allow for higher velocities, but still imparts the energy to the target.

Fiocchi makes some nice 73-grain FMJ loads that beat the hell out of the "watered-down" American loads.

I've found my vz61 carbine runs much better with the European stuff. I'm pretty sure Fiocchi was one; they certainly make good ammo. In recent memory, I've been running the German Geco 7.65x17mm ammo, because it runs pretty much flawlessly in said little carbine. :)

I've found my vz61 carbine runs much better with the European stuff. I'm pretty sure Fiocchi was one; they certainly make good ammo. In recent memory, I've been running the German Geco 7.65x17mm ammo, because it runs pretty much flawlessly in said little carbine. :)

I believe that when .32 ACP pistols were carried, many European Police Officers carried Fiocchi ammunition. My little European pistol shoots the Fiocchi ammunition very well. (It was a European police "turn in").

It works and works well.

I've had good luck with the Fiocchi ammo in my Tomcat. It's the only .32 I have, but it's a great little gun. As to the Lehigh/Underwood ammo, I've had zero failures using both the 9mm and .45 ACP versions in a wide variety of my pistols. Then again, every firearm has its preferences except for the rare few.

...but it has a delivery like a brick through a plate glass window!
What more do you want?! ( ;) )

I didn't know that you were basing your opinion of a firearm's effectiveness on a fictitious statement 55-year-old motion picture. We all know that about 156 foot-pounds of energy (a 71-grain bullet leaving the pistol's muzzle at a maximum of 1000 feet per second). I had the printed data to back that claim, but it has since disappeared.

A Lehigh bullet loaded to these levels will disrupt flesh and anything that gets in the way. This has a relatively low recoil that allows the pistol's muzzle to remain on target. I can whip out a little "mouse gun" loaded with this and empty all seven rounds into a 3 1/2" circle in 21 feet. You would be surprised how quickly someones face will contort and change in horror and pain when a volley of these fly into their chest or head.

Shot placement is king, penetration is queen. Everything else is angels dancing on the heads of pins.

Last Edited:
I didn't know that you were basing your opinion of a firearm's effectiveness on a fictitious statement 55-year-old motion picture. We all know that about 156 foot-pounds of energy (a 71-grain bullet leaving the pistol's muzzle at a maximum of 1000 feet per second). I had the printed data to back that claim, but it has since disappeared.

A Lehigh bullet loaded to these levels will disrupt flesh and anything that gets in the way. This has a relatively low recoil that allows the pistol's muzzle to remain on target. I can whip out a little "mouse gun" loaded with this and empty all seven rounds into a 3 1/2" circle in 21 feet. You would be surprised how quickly someones face will contort and change in horror and pain when a volley of these fly into their chest or head.

Shot placement is king, penetration is queen. Everything else is angels dancing on the heads of pins.
Captain O, smoke a doobie and mellow out. It was a joke. :rolleyes:
If the OP is still paying attention, both Federal and Magtech offer a JHP load for the .32 acp.
Federal is a 65 gr. Hydra-Shok. The Magtech is a 71 grainer.
If nothing else, the bullet should increase the round's effectiveness.

Dean

Captain O, smoke a doobie and mellow out. It was a joke. :rolleyes:
If the OP is still paying attention, both Federal and Magtech offer a JHP load for the .32 acp.
Federal is a 65 gr. Hydra-Shok. The Magtech is a 71 grainer.
If nothing else, the bullet should increase the round's effectiveness.

Dean

How many times must I tell everyone... Putting a hollowpoint in a .32 ACP is akin to putting "speed brakes" on a Yugo! They rarely expand well, and if they do, they rob the .32 of its only strength... penetration.

No, Lehigh bullets disrupt flesh best. They require no expansion to be effective, thus do not rob the round of its penetrative power. I would never hobble a .32 ACP by using a supersonic-purpose development (the hollowpoint) in a subsonic cartridge.

Bad idea.

If I ever had a .32, of whatever variety, I'd stoke it with some cast by me semi-wadcutters.. like I've always done with all my other autoloaders or revolvers. well, except for .25 acp