Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite .32 ACP defense round?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Brutus57, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Hi,

Doesn't appear that my MAB 7.65 Model D will sell or trade:cool:. SOOOOOOO, I think I will use it as a 5th line of defense against the Zombie Apocalypse. Anybody recommend a good .32 ACP round?

Cheers,

Brutus Out

2. Blackcobra

Blackcobra Camas Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Probably the hottest FMJ that your gun will shoot; I think most would argue penetration of FMJ over expansion of a .32 HP. Just my opinion, of course!

3. XSubSailor

XSubSailor SW WA Active Member

I don't think I've ever heard ".32ACP" and "defense round" used in the same sentence before...

4. Creeper

Creeper Ravensdale, WA. Member

Winchester Silver Tip has been a good round for decades... and the Fiocchi Extrema with Hornady XTP bullet works nicely. Both expand very reliably at the low velocities a .32ACP produces.

5. hariph creek

hariph creek vancouver, wa. Active Member

Firmly in the FMJ camp.

brentb636 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. SynapticSilence

SynapticSilence Battle Ground, WA Well-Known Member

My wife has a Beretta Tomcat .32 that's great. I don't want to prejudice you in making your own choice, but here's a nice chart of .32 ammo ballistics that might help. 32 ACP Ballistics Chart | Ballistics 101

7. brentb636

brentb636 Holland, mi Active Member

I have a FEG AP7 32ACP, and if I were looking at a SD round, I'd pick the Buffalo Bore Hardcast load, and put in a heavier recoil spring from gunsprings.com . Don't know if you have those options.

8. Twodogs

Twodogs portland Or Active Member

RBCD is what I run in mine if not them WW-silvertips.

9. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

Nice charts, thanks for that link :thumbup:

10. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Both your pistol and my FN Model 1922 are based on the FN Model 1910. These older pistols were designed to run on standard pressure FMJ loads. I shoot the Winchester 71 grain FMJ cartridge through my Model 1922 and have never had a hiccup with it.

11. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Thanks, my plans are to plink with it and just one more pistol if I need to give one to somebody during SHTF. My primary is a .45 and my secondary a .380.

Apparently they worked OK for some European police agencies.

Brutus Out

12. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

My personal experience with a Kel Tec P32 using Winchester Silvertips to humanely put down deer that had been hit by cars ( on two seperate occasions) caused me to get rid of the gun. It took multiple head shots to put the animals down. From what I could see, the rounds barely penetrated the skull. I shot a 3 point buck right between the eyes at a range of about 5 feet and the darn thing proceeded to flail around and actually get up on its feet and walk a couple of steps before falling and trying to crawl away. I seriously think a .22 would have done a better job, when I was kid my stepdad used to poach deer that were in our garden with a .22 rifle at 40 yards. He would hit them in the head and they dropped like a rock. I got rid of that P-32 and now my "pocket gun" is a Ruger LCR loaded with .38+P hollowoints.