JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True that. This was one of the cheap cast-zinc frame and slide, striker-fired type pistols. Not real high quality, but it effectively fired the least costly .380 loads that the little punk probably bought off the street.

So what else is new?

The US is as close to WWIII as it's ever been, including the cold war. That's what's new. Hope you've got LOTS of .32 ammo and mags in your cache.

My 102-year-old Savage 1915 pistol with old 32 ACP ammunition. I'm sure I can stop threats with this. I shoot it regularly. It still shoots like a champion.

DSC00453.jpg

Contrary to the "old saws" about the .32 ACP, the cartridge isn't anywhere even close to being true. I just watched some You Tube videos of penetration tests with the .22 lr, .25 ACP, .32 ACP and the .380 ACP.

a) The .25 ACP outperformed the .22 lr (shooting CCI Mini-Mags from a Beretta Model 21 in penetrating both metal plates and 1/2" plywood boards every time! This debunks the old ".25 ACP won't penetrate a leather jacket at 5 feet" story. The .22 lr penetrated 2 boards while the .25 ACP penetrated 3.

b) The .32 ACP penetrated 4 boards while the .380 penetrated 5.

These little "pocket autos" are better than people think. The .32 ACP, shooting Underwood's Lehigh "Defender" bullet penetrated slightly less through some beef ribs and a ham than the .380 ACP. (The hollow point bullets in the .380 damaged the meat a bit more, but I wouldn't want to attempt to live on the difference!

This is a job that should have been finished in June of 1953. General Douglas MacArthur was right. We should have kicked their @$$es back across the Yalu River.
I have always maintained that. It would have been perfect timing, Communist China didn't have nukes yet, the Russians were weak. It was the first war we did not decisively win and finish. If we had, there might not have been a Vietnam Nam, communist Cuba, communist Central America.....the iron curtain may have come down quicker. These current problems can be traced directly back to Truman. Off course, without Roosevelt we wouldn't have had an iron curtain in the first place.

I have always maintained that. It would have been perfect timing, Communist China didn't have nukes yet, the Russians were weak. It was the first war we did not decisively win and finish. If we had, there might not have been a Vietnam Nam, communist Cuba, communist Central America.....the iron curtain may have come down quicker. These current problems can be traced directly back to Truman. Off course, without Roosevelt we wouldn't have had an iron curtain in the first place.

True. If you have the courage to "follow through" without hesitation, the results tend to be definitive. By gosh, courage WORKS!

The US is as close to WWIII as it's ever been, including the cold war. That's what's new. Hope you've got LOTS of .32 ammo and mags in your cache.
This is not WWlll, it is a continuation of the Korean War. China and Russia are enjoying historic growth in the middle class, people are living better than any time in history. If China were to go after the US......they would quickley find themselves in a new internal revolution. I have enjoyed watching what happened since China took back Hong Kong. I bought one of my larger tugs from an old guy that intended to use it off shore to rescue rich people fleeing Chinese oppression after the takeover........but the opposite has taken place. Capitalistic Hong Kong has infected the rest of China with there relative freedom and prosperity. All it took was a little taste. Hong Kong was the crack in the dam that caused it to burst. It isn't completed yet but it is irreversible. Even the Chinese leader is married to an ex fashion model and sent his daughter to (Harvard) an American ivy league school. I for one love it.

Last Edited:
This is not WWlll, it is a continuation of the Korean War. China and Russia are enjoying historic growth in the middle class, people are living better than any time in history. If China were to go after the US......they would quickly find themselves in a new internal revolution. I have enjoyed watching what happened since China took back Hong Kong. I bought one of my larger tugs from an old guy that intended to use it offshore to rescue rich people fleeing Chinese oppression after the takeover........but the opposite has taken place. Capitalistic Hong Kong has infected the rest of China with their relative freedom and prosperity. All it took was a little taste. Hong Kong was the crack in the dam that caused it to burst. It isn't completed yet but it is irreversible. Even the Chinese leader is married to an ex-fashion model and sent his daughter to (Harvard) an American -ivy league school. I for one love it.

Preach it, brother! The Capitalist lifestyle is not only healthier but rather addictive. If people take care of themselves and aren't infected by the "sitontheass" bug, they'll outlive their Communist progenitors by a substantial margin.

A .32 ACP will never be a reliable or effective self defense round, regardless of bullet design. It is a mousegun. The advent of subcompact 9mm handguns has rendered the .32 obsolete.

"Mouseguns" still kill, and quite readily. Unless you are wearing body armor, I am willing to bet that your constitution couldn't take too may well-placed Lehigh bullets.

The advice was asked about .32 ACP ammunition. You speak in useless, derisive sneers. It wasn't kind, nor is it welcome. Your smart remarks aren't appreciated.

"Mouseguns" still kill, and quite readily. Unless you are wearing body armor, I am willing to bet that your constitution couldn't take too may well-placed Lehigh bullets.

The advice was asked about .32 ACP ammunition. You speak in useless, derisive sneers. It wasn't kind, nor is it welcome. Your smart remarks aren't appreciated.
I agree that they will kill but there is a huge difference between the needs of an assassin and self defense. An assassin just puts a bullet in your ear. In self defense, the intent is to disable and contain.