JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Trivial I know... But I am job hunting. Am I the only one that hates terms like "fast paced" exactly how fast that? Can you put a numerical value to it. I require spec's! NO I can't outrun bullets, that's fast paced to me! :s0146:

Maybe we can spam the hell out of these idiots MLA Home who think they can make the entire world politically correct. (FYI "mankind" is sexist!!!) We'll its a semi decent excuse to pass the hate on lol. :s0149::s0125:

Fast paced generally means you need to work fast and hard.

I ise that in regards to my job.
If you can't handle multitasking and working a hard days work, move on.

People don't know what a hard days work is anymore.

This generation is lazy.

"Fast paced" means that the boss underbid the job and now the workers have to bust their a$$ to try and make a profit for the company, at least that's how I read it in the electrical field.

Last Edited:
Snowflakes cannot handle fast paced.

They cannot handle multiple irons in the fire.

They cannot cook 100 burgers on three outdoor grills at the same time (been there).

Fast paced in healthcare translates to: Short staff, overworked, increased error rate, so have decent malpractice & umbrella insurance...

Part of the cost of doing business is recognizing people cannot maintain 100% productivity 100% of the time. People being people, if productivity is maintained by 100% of staff 80% of the time is a huge win. Bean counters don't normally recognize this and attempt to push it beyond 80%, resulting in burnout, retraining, higher error rates with resultant profit loss.

Fast paced generally means you need to work fast and hard.

I ise that in regards to my job.
If you can't handle multitasking and working a hard days work, move on.

People don't know what a hard days work is anymore.

This generation is lazy.

Although I'll mostly agree there..
...I would also argue that pretty much no one here has worked hard slave labor in a North Korean work camp or similar either which would make us all look like sissies.
No need for weenus measuring here, but again you haven't told me anything.. how fast EXACTLY is it? I'm sure alot of us have seen someone complaining working fairly slowly.
I'd also note. Working "fast paced" does not
Always equate to working hard.

Look a Jerry miculek.. man's a machine but he not working hard. Probably works harder loading his magazines...Lol.

I can't help but wonder if its etimology (spelling? Phone sucks) comes from the old days of the old slave drivers from human powered rowing when they would kick the drum beat into higher cadence.
There again probably not fast paced compared to today's "fast paced" but some hard a** work...

Suprised at all the responses though.. lol.

P.s. I recently worked at Shasta beverage co. They also can that yuppie lá crotch sparkling water. That was interesting lol. A broken down bottling/canning production facility where sometimes you gotta work pretty fast because they wouldn't fix anything. Plus I was new so I hadn't seen the machines work propperly. It was hilarious how lazy it was in the rare occasion the lazy azz mechanics finally fixed something. FYI I'd think about switching brands if you drink that cr*p... Dirtiest place I've EVER worked and I've worked asphalt paving AND auto body... Just to name a couple. :confused:

Last Edited:
Like so many things in this world, spoken/written expressions mean different things to different folks. Especially a problem on social media. When you encounter the expression "fast paced" I suggest you ask the originator what they mean.

"Fast-paced" is one of hundreds of meaningless cliches people use in lieu of actually trying to communicate a worthwhile thought.

Here is George Carlin's list of a few dozen more;

"Fast-paced" is one of hundreds of meaningless cliches people use in lieu of actually trying to communicate a worthwhile thought.

Here is George Carlin's list of a few dozen more;
Precisely! God I love Carlin... Thanks it's been a while since I've seen that. Yeah agreed 308 when I hear "fast paced" my brain subs it with "low quality"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top