JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nothing yet. Only a few walks in the areas I know they hide this far. I'm really looking forward to chanterelles.

We picked up a small pile of Lobster mushrooms last week, no chanterelles but it was only one short walk. Was hoping to slip out this weekend but it's opening muzzleloader elk so I'll probably let hunters hunt in peace and try the following weekend.

Wanting to see square out of one eye and round out of the other?
1664373077907.png

Found ONE fat lobster mushroom poking up through the duff here at the central coast. Florence/Reedsport area. That's not unusual though. We weren't really looking for them. Though, when your mycophile you're always looking unconsciencly.

We had a little rain the last couple of days. Deer season starts Saturday. I will be out on Sunday. Doubt I will drop a buck, but there should be a few small chanterelles popping up by then.

Is anyone finding anything yet? I'm chomping at the bit to get out there and check a few of my spots in the cascades. Work unfortunately has taken me out of town for a while
Too warm for too long this year. No rain in August.
Any mushroom finds are gonna literally be "happy accidents".
I'll probably check out to my favourite spot before long, but I really don't expect to find anything.

Went out Saturday, a week after we got a little rain, we got one measly chanterelle but also a nice little pile of Lobsters! We need a little more rain but I fear we may go straight into all out wet weather at our current rate.

Attachments

• 20221008_174755.jpg
    20221008_174755.jpg
    560.9 KB · Views: 73
Went out Saturday, a week after we got a little rain, we got one measly chanterelle but also a nice little pile of Lobsters! We need a little more rain but I fear we may go straight into all out wet weather at our current rate.
What basic area/terrain did you find those? I'm not a lobster fan. Seems like whenever I found them they required so much trimming because of fly larva. I finally tried them once several years ago and was not impressed. And since losing taste and smell a couple years ago, they are just gross to me because of the texture.

I find them in steep heavy timber in Cascade foot hills. They are for me, one of the hardest mushrooms to hit perfect timing on. As you said, bugs hit them quick, and they get soft fast. Seems like I find 5 bad ones to one good one. Good ones are very dense and firm. It's funny how we all taste/like different, my family loves the flavor and more meaty texture, they're a totally different style from chanterelles and the like. We usually fry them and eat, or make open face mushroom, onion, garlic, and cheese sandwiches from them, but this haul we are drying and grinding into powder. I read it's a great breading for fish.......we'll see!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top